Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bikes for kids
  • beefy

Hello, looking at getting some new bikes for the kids, youngest is 2 and riding a puky balance bike, oldest is 6 and fits a 16″ wheel bike.

I have had a good look at islabikes and they look ace, just wondering if there is anything else that anyone recommends.

Ta

Rambo
    Free Member

You won’t find better bikes for kids than Islabikes.

No real point looking further IMHO

beefy

That’s what I expected/hoped to hear, which is good because I kind of thought that.

Thanks

Ed2001
    Free Member

Agree with Rambo, Isla bikes are excellent for kids. Good resale value too when they have grown out of them.

mlke
    Free Member

Thirded. Nice people who can spec the bike for road/offroad/touring.
    Only thing you could knock them is that they don’t look cool – mostly because they’re not weighed down with pointless tassels, suspension, discs etc.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Merida make some decent kids bikes.

watly_biker
    Free Member

16″ ridgeback has been a good bike for my 5 yr old – a cheaper option than Islabikes and a great little mountain bike – alu frame and v brakes and wide bars.

Big-M
    Free Member

My 5 year old has just taken delivery of a Spesh Hotrock 20 and my 7 year old is on a Giant MTX 24. The Giant was second hand and I managed to get a deal on the Spesh by trading in his old Hotrock 16.
    I found it difficult to get good quality bikes for them, big issues is balancing expense against the time they’ll own/fit the bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bikes for kids’ is closed to new replies.