Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • bike you really want to buy next.
  • racefaceec90

i plan on getting a cx bike as my next bike (sometime in the next decade/when i can save the cash 😉

i have just seen this beauty and REALLY wish i could buy it,as it is great value for money.have always wanted a titanium bike too.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOPICKRIV22HRD/on-one-pickenflick-sram-rival-22-hrd-cross-bike

what about you?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Check out the Swobo Scofflaw SS, – dirt lush as they say.

Too late, I’m already just about to have build day commence on something in ti flavour. 😉

Personally I would not call that pickenflick vfm as Litespeed CX frame at £950 and Van Nicholas complete builds work out cheaper if not same.
    I know which I’d choose even if the OO looks alright.

weeksy

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Weeksy, what on earth persuaded you to get a 690 Duke.

You’ll realise the mistake when the fuelling starts to cut out on you, very dangerous as you can imagine.

Thought better of you that you would get a 1290 monster all pimped up.

binners

With all the wheel size gubbins and everything, I’ve kind of switched off. I’ve not been that interested in new bikes for ages now. However, this has changed that. I really, really, really, really want one. It just looks ‘right’, and perfect for the kind of riding I do. In fact I’ve already been laying the groundwork with the comittee…

yunki
    Free Member

I’d like an extracycle free radical kit for my town bike.. and maybe a really nice EBB for my Soul

I’m happy to say I’m well over my bike fetish these days 🙂

weeksy

hopeychondriact – Member

Weeksy, what on earth persuaded you to get a 690 Duke.

You’ll realise the mistake when the fuelling starts to cut out on you, very dangerous as you can imagine.

Thought better of you that you would get a 1290 monster all pimped up.

I have the 390 currently (Along with an 848 evo) and would like to have the 690 as a semi-track bike as Mrs Weeksy uses the 848 mostly on track so I’d be stuck with the 390. This may all change this weekend when I take the 390 on track and if I like it I may keep using that on the short tracks…

I think the later 690’s are all good though, certainly not like the older Duke3 which had the above issues you describe.

As for the 1290, nah, not for me. If I were to go down a bigger HP naked it would be a 1098SF.

ads678

I’d love to build on of these up, but it’s not gonna happen any time soon 😥

honourablegeorge

So I’ve narrowed it down, in order of cost, to a Cotic Escapade frame (transfer bits from RoadRat), or a Stooge (Bits from Roadrat, some new bits, some spares box bis, Chronicle front), or some sort of slack 27.5+/29er HT (QuarterHorse/Solaris/Yelli maybe, taking all the parts from my Soul, adding new forks, light bicycle rims) or maybe saving for a new DH frame (Gambler possibly, run it 26 for now until new wheels and forks are in budget) or lastly a new 27.5 AM frame (Nomad, maybe, plus new wheels, use my Devilles for now)

poah
    Free Member

transition suppressor

mrblobby
    Free Member

New Giant Trinity when it’s out…

And the new Scott Addict CX…

Won’t happen, but I’d be happy with that pair 🙂

wilko1999
    Free Member

Banshee Spitfire

lunge

A Surly long big dummy. I won’t get one, I’ll get a trailer for my Kona MinUte instead, but I do want one…

teamslug
    Free Member

Yeti Ars-c or Trek Superfly or wait til November and get Merida Ninety Six 29er.Having a recce on Saturday then put it to the finance committee who last week said I could look if she could have new boobs!!!.

corroded
    Free Member

Some super-light (relative to my all-steel stable) carbon-fibre road bike, like a Cervelo R3. I feel the need for speed (and higher Strava placings).

pirahna
    Free Member

And the new Scott Addict CX…

I saw one of these at a Scott sponsored event a couple of weeks ago. It’s very, very nice but at £5k a bit spendy.

SamB
    Free Member

Either a Carbine 29 or a Tracer 275… really need to demo both (if I can find anywhere that’s got both in). The Carbine I demo’d last year was an absolute riot, but reviews say the Tracer is even better. Definitely want to pick up one of them though, Fox 36s plus a CCDB Air, 1×11… yum! 😈

jfb01
    Free Member

When the lottery finally stumps up it will be a Funk Cycles frame in 29er version & a Jones Ti with as many bling bits as I can source plus a steel vault to keep them in.

edhornby

I can’t justify a new bike but if I was I would have a 29er hardtail, probably one of those santa cruz jobs, or maybe a mkII solaris…

cookeaa

Next bike I want doesn’t quite exist yet, but I reckon it will:

Needs to be a C45650 – a carbon 456 (or similar), with tweener wheels, plus bigger seat and head tubes to replace my now rather “old school” heavy, skinny tubed, 456-SS…

It’s going to be another couple of years till I can swing it though I reckon, so there’s no rush for them to actually start making it yet…

No other Road/CX/MTB itches to scratch… at the moment…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Turner Czar (protected by the security firm that guards this building…) :

munrobiker
    Free Member

The forthcoming Evil Uprising 650b with 11 speed Zee, some Stans wheels and Race Face SixC bits please. Obviously this is in a few years, and I’ll probably need a hardtail to go with it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Cannondale F-Si
    a TT bike

toby1

Barely use an MTB these days, location I live in has somewhat killed my interests as I have to drive so far to make a ride worthwhile.

However, the Pinnacle Arkose range has my eye for a new commuter, riding to work through the winter/winds with gears feels like it would appeal. Having to look after mechs, chains, cables etc doesn’t!

wrecker
    Free Member

The forthcoming Evil Uprising 650b

+1. Getting tired of waiting though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Alpine 160 650B jobbie would feature very highly although I’d want to test that and another Five side by side. Think I’d benefit from the extra travel / skill compensation the Alpine would give me for what I’d guess is relatively little extra weight.

Also want to “adventure bike” my Curtis S1 by adding a few gears and some fk off big tyres (well, 2.4 kind things) and going off riding to far away, desolate places like Lancashire. I may just buy a Stooge though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

After a very very long wait, it looks like Turner have a new rfx, in carbon, coming soon!

ben98
    Free Member

I’d like some xt 11 speed for my single speed Karate Monkey and a genesis vagabond if they ever officially announce it, simple pleasures.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not allowed anything new until 2016, so the official answer is “nothing”.

However I wouldn’t be too sad if I found a Giant Reign in the garage.

wl
    Free Member

Latest Orange Five (or just possibly the Alpine 160).

DaveyBoy – nice Five review here, if you’re interested…

The Review | The New Orange High Five RS

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers wl – not read that one. Hmmm… New bike or some silly expensive van suspension come bonus time…

DT78
    Free Member

Same as mrbobbly…though I think I may up with the budget planetx versions of both 🙁

Quite like the santa cruz stigmata too…

wl
    Free Member

Davey – no probs. It’s a quality review. Sums the whole Five thing up perfectly if you ask me, as someone who already owns the 26″ one.

moneytrain81
    Free Member

This. Well, in terms of a trail bike at least. Lot’s more I’d love in all categories of bike!

2016 Kili Flyer

stevied
    Free Member

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Stevied, I’ve just ordered my 601 Werksmachine in raw 🙂

schmiken

Spark 700 SL. Lush.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

This:

Oh, wait a minute – I have actually just bought it, 19 hrs ago…..

😆

stewartc
    Free Member

Just ordered my first ever n+1, well the frame anyway, a Stanton Switchback.
    Once that’s built and up an running I may then look to swap out bits from my Mach6 to one of those Liteville 601 frames as well.

That should cover my for fun local riding and shuttley stuff/bike park holidays.

Lets hope the wife doesn’t interfere with my plans 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Davey – no probs. It’s a quality review. Sums the whole Five thing up perfectly if you ask me, as someone who already owns the 26″ one.

Same here – one of the last 26ers but running big forks and offset bushings – its a great bike but manufacturers are telling me I need bigger wheels, a longer TT and a little tiny stem! New five seems to tick all the boxes. I know I could get a funky looking Capra for the same money but you have to be bloody fast to pull off a Capra with yellow wheels – and I’m not!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘bike you really want to buy next.’ is closed to new replies.