Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bike Park Wales – Rim Dinger red run.
  • jakeyo1
    Free Member

The sun came out in wales today.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KJB8XbvRI[/video]

I_Ache
    Free Member

I do like rimdinger although the last time I ride it I broke my tour on those rocks on the right at 1:56.

When we went the first time the bloke at the bike shop at Afan told me that rimdinger is totally unridable on anything less than a full on DH bike. I was on an Enduro Evo at the time and he said I would end the day in hospital. Muppet.

jakeyo1
    Free Member

Yeah its a tough run, I rode it twice that day and saw one accident and two flats. Hence why I took it slow.

cookeaa

the bloke at the bike shop at Afan told me that rimdinger is totally unridable on anything less than a full on DH bike. I was on an Enduro Evo at the time and he said I would end the day in hospital. Muppet.

Really? First trip there Is rode it twice on my HT. Admittedly not exactly at warp speed, and it’s more fun on a bouncer, still enjoyed it…

needs a DH bike? Nah…

cheers_drive

It’s not a difficult trail but it lives up to it’s name with be and my mate having rips in the sidewall on it 3/3 times.

tops5
    Free Member

Did it several times on a Mega Tr – Afan man is talking bollox

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Love that section 🙂

SOAP
    Free Member

It’s hard work to ride it fast on -130mm ok if your mincing tho.

duir
    Free Member

It’s not a difficult trail but it lives up to it’s name with be and my mate having rips in the sidewall on it 3/3 times.

Continentals? 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

cookeaa
    Really?

Yep really. The bloke did come across as a total bell end in general tbh. One of our group isn’t the best rider and was on a 120mm ht. I have since been there on a stumpjumper and coped fine despite the crappy Flow EX that I have on it. To be honest I think at my level the stumpy is better than the Enduro Evo at bpw, it simply isn’t rough enough for a bigger bike. If I were able to hit the big doubles then maybe a DH bike would be better but I can’t.

gg14
    Free Member

Just doesn’t do it for me, sharp rocks that aren’t exactly challenging, except to your tyres well-being isn’t my idea of fun.

vinnyeh

Just doesn’t do it for me, sharp rocks that aren’t exactly challenging, except to your tyres well-being isn’t my idea of fun.

Odd one rimdinger.

First time you ride it you feel like you’re a bit of a riding god, but then eventually realise that to ride it fast needs not much more more skill than does a theme park ride- as long as you can keep your hands on the bars you can pretty much ride as quick as you want.
    It’s a bit like candy floss.
    Still happily ride it each time I go there, mind.

jakeyo1
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member

Odd one rimdinger.

First time you ride it you feel like you’re a bit of a riding god, but then eventually realise that to ride it fast needs not much more more skill than does a theme park ride- as long as you can keep your hands on the bars you can pretty much ride as quick as you want.
    It’s a bit like candy floss.
    Still happily ride it each time I go there, mind.

Thats spot on. I know I’m not very god and rode it fine on a 120mm, I was surprised but when I rode it a second time I could see it didnt take much skill. Just a good grip.

v666ern
    Free Member

I know I’m not very god

Ah dont put yourself down, if russell brand can be so can you big guy 😛

philwarren11
    Free Member

If you don’t think it needs much skill you’re not riding it fast enough imo.

Its one of my favourite trails up there, its been tamed a little bit of the past few months tho.

br
    Free Member

Gloves would be handy – nurses don’t wipe ar5es any more…

jakeyo1
    Free Member

philwarren11 – Member

Yeah I suppose you have a point there.

tops5
    Free Member

It’s hard work to ride it fast on -130mm ok if your mincing tho

I guess fast is relative but I’m fairly sure I wasn’t mincing down it

Painey
    Free Member

One of my favourite trails there but a: I’m certainly not the best rider in the world and b: I don’t find it that difficult. Definitely better if you carry plenty of speed down it but then again I don’t know why you wouldn’t!

iffoverload
    Free Member

It was designed with the bike shop in mind 😉

jakeyo1
    Free Member

iffoverload – Member
    It was designed with the bike shop in mind

I think you’re right.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers for posting this and the Melted Welly vid – both look fun. Must get myself over there as it’s only a short train ride away from me.

Guess that’s true of a lot of man made trails – means that old mincers like me can progress a little at a time – win!

jakeyo1
    Free Member

No problem. Glad you like them. You should definitely head over for a day. Well worth the trip.

benne
    Free Member

I’m there over easter cant wait. I think I will pack some extra tubes for that run.

jakeyo1
    Free Member

nice, I hope this weather holds up.

Macavity
    Free Member

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales – Rim Dinger red run.’ is closed to new replies.