Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike Bag Recommendations?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Looking to take our bikes abroad this year – can anyone recommend a bike bag (Orange Five) thats not too dear but won’t be trashed too much by baggage handlers 😉

spooky_b329

We bought the DHB bike bags (Wiggle seem to do wheeled versions now but they look the same size) they are great for what we use them for (bikes live in the bags in the dining room) I’d be OK using them with BA as they’ll take any sized bike bag but they are way over the max size limits for the budget carriers. If its just for flights you’d probably be better to get smaller bags that require a bit more dissassembly than just wheels and pedals off like ours. You could chop a foot off the length of our bags by just unbolting the stem and strapping the handlebars to the top top/forks.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve never had any trouble taking bike bags of that size on any of the budget carriers

spooky_b329

Neither have I, having not used any, but I was just surprised that our bags were so much over the ‘oversized baggage’ limit! Good to hear it doesn’t seem to be enforced though 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

It doesn’t go as oversized baggage – it goes as sporting equipment/bike

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

I got mine from CRC its been to Nepal a few times with various carriers including BimanAir and suffered not!
    Never been charged for oversize but over weight sometimes which can prove very costly, Etihad charged £30 per kilo over the 25kg limit, hence flying Bimanair who give you a 40kg limit in economy and 50 in business!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike Bag Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.