Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Big dog…the debrief..
  • wwaswas

Sent you a message on FB, Gavin.

TimP – you put more into the day then any of the rest of us so feel free to wear your most lurid top and shorts combo and I’ll keep schtum.

muggomagic

Come on, all he did was put some bunting up in the tea tent and that gave him the right to jump the queue for the finish line beer.

GavinT – Member
    Do come out and ride Stanmer one Sunday morning with us.
    Yeah – I should do. Haven’t ridden there in ages!
    When do you turn up?

We can ride over or I can give you a lift. Just let me know when you’re free.

TimP
    Free Member

GavinT – odd question but are you “the neighbour with the Pine Mountain”??

PS there is a “no ukulele” rule for Sunday rides, sorry 😉

muggomagic

PS there is a “no ukulele” rule for Sunday rides, sorry

This rule was removed and replaced with a “no kit likely to cause offence or mockery”

wwaswas

“no kit likely to cause offence or mockery”

Nick clearly never got the memo.

muggomagic

His kit causes both offence and mockery so is exempt

TimP
    Free Member

Somebody buy Dark Cyan a frikin belt then!!

GavinT
    Free Member

GavinT – odd question but are you “the neighbour with the Pine Mountain”??

PS there is a “no ukulele” rule for Sunday rides, sorry

Yep! 🙂

Of course, one can’t pedal and strum at the same time. Or can I…

TimP
    Free Member

Good man. I got mine 3 weeks ago (bike not ukulele). Love it, but the bars are a bit wide for Stanmer (mine is 2017 with 780mm).

GavinT
    Free Member

Ah – didn’t know they’d brought out another. looks good! Not even sure how wide the bars are on mine. Wider than anything else I ride that’s fer sure. Love the bike anyway. 🙂

DrP

RE Tim’s kit… i’m impressed you didn’t burst into flames in your long sleeves!!!
    It was roasting… and you know what they say… “sun’s out, guns out…!”

😉

DrP

TimP
    Free Member

GavinT – its the same, just slightly wider bars and different gears.

GavinT
    Free Member
    TimP
    Free Member

Bit at the bottom:

***For those who are worried about where the rigid Pine Mountain 1 of last year fits in, it still is very alive, picking up the simple moniker “Pine Mountain” to reflect the capable base model in the family.

GavinT
    Free Member

Ah right I see. 🙂

mccraque

Were there just the two photographers there at the weekend? I definitely got snapped styling it up (in my head) over the tree stump – but can’t see the shot in either of the galleries (Dave’s and Kevins) online.

chiefgrooveguru

Were there just the two photographers there at the weekend? I definitely got snapped styling it up (in my head) over the tree stump – but can’t see the shot in either of the galleries (Dave’s and Kevins) online.

Ditto, I sent it off there for the photographer! Waiting to see the awsumz pic…

muddylegs
    Free Member

Help! Our timings don’t seem to make any sense to me. We did 7 laps in all but only 4 were recorded, of which were recorded incorrectly. Anyone else noticed this? Am I missing some thing or am I being a bit dim..

DT78
    Free Member

Same here, in our pair my board wasn’t registering. So whilst we are showing as 70 something with 4 laps, if you use our strava times we are actually 34th with 8 laps. Like I said not a major issue as no where near the podium but a bit disappointing to find out after a,it of effort. Never had this issue before and been at loads of events timelaps do so can only conclude it was a bit of unluckness / maybe dodgy set of number boards if others had the same issue.

muddylegs
    Free Member

It was still a good day and we were unlikely to get a top result but it would have been nice to be placed properly. According to Timelap one of us in our team did a lap 26 minutes?! 🙂

Paceman
    Free Member

Easily the best course since the original BigDog, tough climbs which rewarded you with long singletrack descents, taking in the best trails on the south side of Stanmer. The final downhill of Rail The Roots into the Bombhole Descent was awesome with the music and spectators getting louder as you got closer to being thrown back into the field in a cloud of dust…loved it. Also pleased to see Badgers resurrected; the killer climb made the fast flowy descent down Cathedral, A&E and Tree Hugger straight after all the more enjoyable. Thank you to everyone who volunteered and contributed to a great day.

nickw

I really loved the course this year, it was great to go over to Coldean again, but I could have done without that grassy drag just after the start! I managed 8 laps, which was good enough for 8th in the Solo Vets. The plan and the pacing was for 9, but the lights went out at the end of lap 6 and I had to grind out the last 2!

I’d echo what everyone else has said about the organisation and marshalls. They, along with a great course, make the event what it is. Fantastic. This is always first on the race calendar every year.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Anyone got footage of the lap ? Would love to see the full course. Cheers

wwaswas

some reasonable footage of the course on here (first 3 minutes are elsewhere).

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbtTsyDrU60[/video]

chiefgrooveguru

I enjoyed it so much I rode everything from the top of Badgers to the finish on my way to work this morning!

muggomagic

I rode all the bits except badgers and coldean this evening (plus a few other bits).
    I can’t get enough of Stanmer when it’s like this. Roll on Thursday.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Cheers wwaswas. Looking for that section with a couple of logs in. Can’t work out where that was…..
    Any more footage guys ??

chiefgrooveguru

Cheers wwaswas. Looking for that section with a couple of logs in. Can’t work out where that was…..
    Any more footage guys ??

Do you mean the off camber downhill with a couple of little log drops? If so, that’s the bottom half of Wind In The Willows on Strava, taking you down to the back of Stanmer House before the Badgers climb. Or the flat rooty bit with two larger logs you can ride as very short tabletops is Root Canal on Strava, before the larger doubles and then the final descent.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Actually both, many thanks ‘guru’ , will check on strava now. Hope to track them down later today. Fingers crossed

mccraque

I enjoyed it so much I rode everything from the top of Badgers to the finish on my way to work this morning!

– earmarked for my Friday commute!

woodsman
    Free Member

That’s Robert Lindsey isn’t it? Playing ukulele on a bike….

Ukulele and single speeders – can lump them in the same bracket – weirdos! 😉

GavinT
    Free Member

Especially if half the songs are french. Got to be a bit ‘special’ eh?

wwaswas

GavinT – sent you an FB direct message re: Stanmer meetup. Not a big FB user but hopefully I did it right!

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Big dog…the debrief..’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM