• This topic has 80 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Big Bike Bash – Call to arms (possibly the shortest lived thread ever)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I believe DrP will be available for hire again….

juan
    Free Member

DrP 08… He's got hairy legs… I want a kid that is as streamlined as possible…

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I am sure he will let you wax him down.

robdob
    Free Member

It's just plain malt loaf IIRC. And it's bloody hard work eating a whole one! I know becasue I saw the PAIN in their eyes.
    And later, the PAIN in their bottoms!

I am concerned that you saw the pain in their bottoms. :-/
    I'd like at least a minimum standard of privacy when we are there. Mind you, staring at my poop chute is akin to sunbathing in a blast furnace, you have been warned. (parp)

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Well RobDob, that mental image has killed the thread

😉

robdob
    Free Member

It seems so. I am very sorry. But I am another Atkin so whatever you see in PP youll get in me I'm afraid. 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

juan – Member

I don't want you kid, he's too old, I want someone else kid lightweight and all… Actually where is julian

they have both grown quite a bit now! Carl has a small blond thing he might lend you though; here he is in last year's unofficial and unscheduled under-5 breakdance throwdown comp:

Drac

Water with the malt loaf us cheating, there should be no drinks allowed that'll sort them out.

robdob
    Free Member

That is clearly where all the action, style and fitness was to be found. Was there any older age groups competing as well.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I did briefly until my daughter told me I was rubbish. 🙁

Sounds like another one would be a great fun sailing-perilously-close-to-the-H&S-wind plan though!

robdob
    Free Member

Water with the malt loaf us cheating, there should be no drinks allowed that'll sort them out.

While I would agree with you on principle, I can't help thinking that eating all that Soreen without a nice ice cold glass of milk would be a waste.

Bunnyhop

It's too far for us to travel but all the events look great fun.

robdob
    Free Member

It's not too far I reckon. I'm coming from Huddersfield.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Loads of bands confirmed now including in paticular order:
    The Blue screen of Death
    Batch88
    Old Ghosts
    Juice

On the subject of Malt Loaf. Any previous competitions are null and void as I was not aware and thus could not compete. This year I shall reign supreme in any and all malt loaf consumption!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But I am another Atkin so whatever you see in PP youll get in me I'm afraid.

There's nothing IN me at all. Nothing that will EVER be IN YOU for certain!

This year I shall reign supreme in any and all malt loaf consumption

Is that a gauntlet hitting the ground I hear? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

I'd be there again this year after my maiden race last time but I'll be in northumberland that weekend

juan
    Free Member

bunnyhop no it's not*
    Plus I know the bloke who organize that and I am willing to bet he'll let you bring some of your cottage industry with you

luke
    Free Member

I fancy a bash at the malt loaf munching this year

Drac

I'd be there again this year after my maiden race last time but I'll be in northumberland that weekend

That's where the real winners will be.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

bunnyhop – come on down. Offset petrol as a business expense, bring some bags and mix business and pleasure

robdob
    Free Member

There's nothing IN me at all. Nothing that will EVER be IN YOU for certain!

I don't understand. 🙂

Would you swear an oath to that anyway? Are you sure there's no cake in you at all? It is just after lunch, remember. 🙂

There seems to be a lot of bragging about Soreen consumption here. I'm not going to say I'm going to win, I'll just mention that I once ate half a block of lard once because someone said I couldn't, and (as PP will testify) I used to eat whole raw onions and potatoes for bedtime snacks. It's disgusting, I know, but it's just to let you know I'm serious. 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Are you sure there's no cake in you at all

Drat. Foiled again.

I once ate half a block of lard once because someone said I couldn't

Please. Let. That. Be. A. Lie…..?

and (as PP will testify) I used to eat whole raw onions and potatoes for bedtime snacks.

**shudders**
    Tis true. 🙁

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Don't worry PP the food at the BBB is better than that

juan
    Free Member

how much the people from the BBB will be willing to pay for a piece of my so famous omelette?

loulouk
    Free Member

Damn. Were all set for booking then looked where it was. Bit of a trek from Lancs for a weekend, that.

luke
    Free Member

Yes it is a bit of a trek, but it's worth it.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

loulou – we have people coming from France. Lancs isn't that far. Come down for longer if you want to, you will be able to stay at the Avon Tyrrrell campsite either side of the BBB if you want. You are not the only ones who are doing this.

juan
    Free Member

loulou – we have people coming from the very south of France. Lancs isn't that far. Come down for longer if you want to, you will be able to stay at the Avon Tyrrrell campsite either side of the BBB if you want. You are not the only ones who are doing this.

I corrected it for you 😉

BTW do you need the ticket stills or not? I planned on buying (to buy ?) mind next month, but if you really need the money I can buy them now.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Hi Juan,

We could do with the ticket money now. We have to pay for the Marquees, lights, beer etc in advance.

Cheers

Same is true for anyone else there who hasn't bought their ticket yet.

RichJJ
    Free Member

Bought mine already as it was highly recommended by PP, and Mrs PP

RichJJ
    Free Member

Bought mine already as it was highly recommended by PP, and Mrs PP

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Rich – have you bought yours or not?

If not, please do. It was highly recommended by pretty much everyone who went there last year.

carlphillips
    Free Member

its well worth it..buy them now!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

BBB – is there a version of a flyer online I can print off? Or can you email me one?
    Would get it up in my local corner shop.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

DezB – We meant to put one on our website but it got overlooked I think. I will email you one tonight. If anyone else wants the PDF then let me know and I will email it to them

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

It id Friday – get your wallets out and buy those tickets.

Cheers
    Big Bike Bash

Muke
    Free Member

Don't forget the Tyre drag….

Hey Luke, what Ciders have you got in your beer tent this year ?
    Soma Rich are Thinking for Tuesday playing ?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

The Cider will be coming from Mr Whiteheads cider farm and also Burrow Hill.

Has anyone else noticed that the sun is shining and everybody is smiling in all the photos

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Wow – I thought this would have gone by now

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thinking for Tuesday not on this year.

The bands that are confirmed are:
    The Juice (Saturday head liners). Their Myspace is
    http://www.myspace.com/iwantjuice

Blue Screen of Death
    http://www.myspace.com/iwantjuice

Batch88
    http://www.myspace.com/batch88music

Old Ghosts (Sunday folk acoustic chill out session)
    http://www.myspace.com/oldghostsuk

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash – Call to arms (possibly the shortest lived thread ever)’ is closed to new replies.