Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bicycle Manufacturing Limited?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Does anyone know what’s going on there? After reading that the Cotic Rocket is now being made in Taiwain I had a look at the BML website. They now seem to be doing bike frame jigs and very pricey (OK they look good) wheel jigs.

Have they had a change of heart?

RustyMac

Change of heart??

I don’t believe Mike at BML was ever a custom frame builder or designer of bike frames (happy to be corrected if i am wrong here).

BML is a manufacturing business and if there is no work in manufacturing bike frames you need to find something else to manufacture. Mike had designed a frame fixture a number of years ago and had refined that design for the frame fixtures he is now making. From following him on instigram it is not the only thing he does.

ratherbeintobago

There’s another thread on here which explains it all in more detail, but essentially there was one setback after another, then Cotic & BML appear to have parted ways.

I am sure someone will be along soon to point out that I’ve grossly over-simplified this.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

That’s a shame. I was all excited last year. 🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m expecting one of Mike’s frame jigs soonish, which means I can stop drooling over his Flickr photos 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is this the Sheff co.?

philxx1975
    Free Member

I heard they were struggling and on the verge of imploding at least a year back.

RustyMac

Ben which version did you go for?

wwaswas

I follow BML on Instagram

I just want to buy the stuff even though I can’t see myself ever using it…

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben which version did you go for?

The not-so-posh one.

Baznav
    Free Member

Holy cow I want one of those wheel jigs.

tang
    Free Member

I know a couple of builders with his jig, so nicely made.

roadrashdave1969
    Free Member

I purchased one of the Wheel Truing Stands. I never realised they were a UK outfit I had to do some digging round on US forum’s and the www to get hold of it. I won’t sell it’s merits but it is a thing of beauty.

roadrashdave1969
    Free Member

I received an email this morning ,it seems they are indeed shutting up shop.

bruneep

Shame that. Mike gave me NW chairing to try out, good product.

andyl
    Free Member

bugger

wwaswas

That’s a shame – he looked to be doing some great engineering there.

ratherbeintobago

I received an email this morning ,it seems they are indeed shutting up shop.

Website suggests they’re restarting production in Jun?

wwaswas

Still posting on Instagram too, maybe it was just a pause in taking orders the email referred to?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Alot of people have liked these things we can see why

BML HJ 001 NOW UPGRADED FINAL ORDERS END OF APRIL we are taking a break in manufacturing till june

The latest version of the new jig on rev b standard is now released We will not be taking any more orders for this product after April 30th If you want one order one, we will recommence manufacturing In June 2015, the break will allow us to work on Pro Jig manufacture build up some jigs for stock off the shelf and develop the mitering fixtures in the 2 month window whilst we take a break, this product has been so popular it now threatens to slow production of our other stuff .

The latest version of the new jig on rev b standard is now released including the Pro jig head which is fully upgradeable at later dates all the new features including Hard ano and PTFE and steel fully ground rails for the majority of sliding components just like most professional level jigs use AKA Anvil etc

This is heavily updated with new features and is a result of the recent price increase to £1499 its nearly a pro jig at 1/3rd the price

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bicycle Manufacturing Limited?’ is closed to new replies.