Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BHF Peak District Challenge – Ultimate Route
  • dadster21
    Free Member

Managed to complete the BHF Ultimate Peak ride on Saturday. Weather was not what it was like 7 days before! Rain, mud, wind. Did some video so you get the effect……

Dark Peak Challenge

Ahhhh – the memories……

theboatman
    Free Member

I saw quite a few of the BHF challengers when I was out on Sunday, most seemed to be having fun despite the weather. Nice little vid that, cheers.

chalkntrees
    Free Member

Nice video that, thanks. What package did you edit it on? I like the animated transitions.

dadster21
    Free Member

What package did you edit it on?

Used iMovie on the Mac, which has some nice features, to edit the video.

Cheers

milkyman
    Free Member

really enjoyed the vid, I did it last year and its a tuff 40+ miles

well done

singletracksurfer

nice vid, thanks. It was cold & muddy, but very enjoyable.
    Didn’t bother taking my gopro out on the ride in the end as I thought it was going to be too muddy and wet 🙁
    It’s all boring and dry back down here in the south east 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

Looks like a sweet long ride taking in a lot of the best bits of the dark peak. I was out that day (not on this ride though) and I can vouch for the utterly miserable weather.

alexpalacefan

Did the Extreme route, wet wasn’t it 🙂 and I’d forgotten about that Peak grinding paste 🙁

Just finished fixing the bike, new jockey wheels, pads and rear mech cable.

Also fitted one of those K-Edge anti chain suck devices, wonder if it will help?

APF

dadster21
    Free Member

Will turn out expensive – fitted XTR on the yeti and watched it slowly get ground to nothing. 4 brake pads – gone. Have a winterized bike but took the light one for the hills and swapped the wheels to pro2’s with nobbynics for grip. Reminded me of a bad day out in wet Afan where the drivechain ends up as a very effective metal grinder!

singletracksurfer

oh yeah the grinding & chain suck, that really… sucked 🙂
    no great damage done here, but then I didn’t brake on the descents 😉

bones76
    Free Member

I also done it last year, and boy am i glad i used my Hard tail and not my Yeti that i have now, the peaks can ruin a good bike in a single day out! am feeling for you dadster21 i really am!

whytenosugar
    Free Member

I did the extreme route this year and last, although I have cleaned my bike thoroughly I can still hear some grinding of the debris from last Saturday….nightmare! But very good fun, nice video by the way….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BHF Peak District Challenge – Ultimate Route’ is closed to new replies.