Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Betws y Coed
  • Monster101

Staying at the Swallow falls youth hostel from Friday to Sunday

Going to Artur Stiniog on Sunday

Friday, I’ll have three to four hours available and the whole day on Saturday. Never been to Wales….

Recommend me the must do trails, itineraries in the area

Thanks

Alan

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For the TC’s
    Marin is old school but classic (ie hated by some, loved by others)
    Penmachno is the most natural feeling TC again Hated by some and loved by others
    There is a NW bike fax book, there is Snowdon and at least 3 trails on and around there and some stuff in the slate quarries of Llanberris
    There is some off piste DH in the Marin forest and out the back of Bethesda (A5 before Bangor)

timidwheeler

Penmachno on the Friday then Coed y Brenin on the Saturday?

Or if you don’t want trail centres there are some good routes in the Tom Hutton book – Wales mountain biking. There are loads of outdoors shops in the town I expect you should be able to locate a copy fairly easily.

thegman67

My Mtb club are heading down their on Fri and staying at the Swallow falls. It’s Lanarkshire Mtb club,great bunch of lads

saxabar
    Free Member

Mike, do you know the Bethesda woods? Probably not worth a trip in itself (I live across the road). DH trails and jumps up in Myndd Llandygai much better, and more chance of finding the trails! Snowdon is looking good. I walked the lower parts today and am mulling over a morning reccy on the bike tomorrow (no wind at all today).

OP, if you don’t know North Wales and don’t want to ride trail centres, go and do Snowdon. Conwy Mountain also another simple up and down route. Otherwise, for waymarked, I recommended Penmachno.

honourablegeorge

Would strongly recommend Revolution Bike Park, if you’re DHing in Antur and want a bit more of it on the second day.

Coed-Y-Brenin and Llandegla both a short drive too, would recommend both, would probably choose the former myself given a choice, but I do like Llandegla. Penmachno’s a ncie XC spin too. The last few km of descent on the Marin is really nice, and you don’t have to ride all the rest of the trail to do it, thankfully.

jekkyl

Word has it there’s some sort of hill nearby that’s on most people’s mtb bucket list.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Betws y Coed’ is closed to new replies.