Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Best things about STW. – lets be positive :-)
  • RustySpanner

It’s the people I’ve met, lovely individuals the lot of them.

And a burning desire to go riding in Scotland one day, the ability to identify a baby robin and egg poisoning.

NZCol

While in general there are lots of interesting things goingmon in here people need to remember that everyone can, and has, their own opinion. Too many threads with big flounces.
    Everyone I have met has been sound.

Mugboo

Despite the sometimes ridiculous bickering and point scoring there is nowhere else on’t tinternet I would rather spend my time (or money).

I have been shown around trails from Holmfirth to Argeles sur Mer. Received route advice for anywhere I have ever asked and had every technical problem I have ever had solved on here.

My wife must be sick of me saying “don’t know but I’ll ask the STW massive”. From campervans to fatherhood this is the place I come for advice. Amongst all the sarcasm and piss taking the truth will out 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Even mrs deadly says now: “Can’t you just ask on singletrack?” 😀

bigbloke
    Free Member

I love it i do.

Has got me through bored shifts at work, sitting back with a coffee and watching the bickering contests, have chuckled hard many a time to myself.

Also can be a very informative forum where speedy replies are always at hand. Keep it up people.

mogrim

The chilli recipe thread I printed out has massively improved my life. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Northwind

It’s a great forum when it’s good. Makes it well worth tolerating the crap. I think it’s one of the reasons my riding’s become such a big part of my life, just getting other people’s stories and ideas and experiences and enthusiasm, and meeting likeminded people o’course.

So thanks!

mogrim – Member

The chilli recipe thread I printed out has massively improved my life. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

You found a recipe for chili cake? And then iced it with mountain biking chat? Sounds delicious!

Russell96

Met plenty of great like minded cycling people
    Got lots of answers to questions on topic and off topic
    Answered some questions too mainly as a fat middle aged IT worker
    Howled laughing at some of the threads
    Will admit to adding the odd reply to above threads to keep them going
    Got some sponsorship of people off here thanks peeps! also got some pics published

lowey

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-cheer-ton-up-ride-the-aftermath

Guy has a bad time.. comes out with mates for a ride.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Best things about STW. – lets be positive :-)’ is closed to new replies.