Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Best present received today? *christmas content*
  • Klunk
    Free Member

truing stand, road wheels are flexy or I need to lose a few stone 🙂

akira

Chapter 3 base layer, got wife top cap with details of the half iron man she’s doing next year which she was chuffed with.

stevied
    Free Member

£200 towards next summer’s Alps trip 😀

onlysteel
    Free Member

5 pairs of Howies undercrackers.
    2 X 250g boxes of coffee beans from the roasters in Witney
    Southside Johnny lp
    Springsteen book ‘Like a Killer in the Sun’

Mrs happy with her gifts, and boy has his new headphones on so peace reigns. Time to crack open a beer.

paulx
    Free Member

Park Tool P-Handlel Hex Wrench set & some books – perfect.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

a photobook diary of the first year of my son’s life. brought a tear to my eye.

not so closely followed by (but still very much appreciated) a wilfa svart coffee grinder.

grum
    Free Member

My only Xmas present this year is a membership of the Austrian alpine club and a week long mountaineering course in Glencoe. Super happy with that.

mt
    Free Member

Out with partner our dogs on a wet windy walk, brilliant. Just thankful to be out there.
    Nice single malt was good also.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Rubik’s Cube in my stocking. Can’t put it down.

st

“Daylight” alarm clock from my Wife and the 2023 Trilogy book by the JAMS from my folks.

On the flip side my Wife’s present backfired with a look of disgust that came when she realised how much I’d spent on it (iPad), hmmm.

vickypea
    Free Member

A voucher for a walk with alpacas, yay can’t wait 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

A New Scientist magazine which my son said he chose. I usually get NS as an xmas present anyway, but wasn’t expecting anything at all this year as I’m splitting with the kids’ mum (still all living in the same house at the moment, but I now have plans on where I’m moving out to and it’s almost certainly the last) and the kids are still a bit small to get anything on their own initiative. Mainly feeling glad I got their mum something (just a box of chocs and some books) as I wasn’t sure of the protocol at this point.

AD

Tamiya Grasshopper – hurrah! And yes I know there are probably better things available nowadays but that would be to miss the point! 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

A bottle of Whitley Neil gin.

beamers

beamers – Member
    A large pressie has mysteriously appeared under our tree while I was in the kitchen tidying up. Kids have opened all of their pressies.
    I hope this one is for me.
    I hope it’s Lego.

Oh yes!!!!:

hairyscary

A very unexpected present of a pair of socks, which was very pleasing. Seriously!

ton

a nice bottle of highland park malt.

trail_rat
    Free Member

On the flip side my Wife’s present backfired with a look of disgust that came when she realised how much I’d spent on it (iPad), hmmm.

this is a concern i have ….. Mrs T-R is getting a pivot mach 5.7 with 150mm revs SLX 1×11 , light wheels , hope minis and a ks dropper….. (all used – im not made of money)

it could go either way …..its been in the planning since september – its hidden in plain sight in the garage but she gets it friday. The thing about my garage is that strange bikes dont look out of the ordinary as i often have other folks in getting fixed.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Most of the funds needed for my trip to the 24hr Euro Camps in Slovakia and some nice trainers off the wife.

Kids got my a new track pump and a spesh air blast thingy :mrgreen:

footflaps

Stranger Things inspired T-shirt….

RichPenny
    Free Member

A happy child.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Pianoteq standard, with Electric pianos, Hohner Collection, Steinway Model D.

All sorts of awesomeness! 🙂

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Bruce Dickinson book, the Bike Exif calendar and a Guy Martin bobble hat.

I would have asked for peace on earth, but i’m blowing the faces of some rebel scum later so it would seem mildly hypocritical

wiggles
    Free Member

Some new trainers as my other ones have holes in and I keep getting wet feet

benz
    Free Member

Ticket to see Iron Maiden in 2018 closely followed by voucher for bungee off the Finneston crane.

Hope I get through 2018. Birthday gift the other month was a tandem skydive…..

donks
    Free Member

Rubik’s Cube in my stocking. Can’t put it down.

Best prezzy I got last year. Took me about 4 weeks to figure out the first half but could get no further so I sunk to you tube and got the rest from there.

As for prezzies I got tickets for belle and Sebastian so pretty decent.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Happy family is the main thing. But I did get myself some of those Adidas terrex on offer, my folks gave me Fopp vouchers so I can see some Neil Young archive purchases in the offing and my better half got me the Bothy Bible so I might even dare to plan some bike trips.

milky1980
    Free Member

Joint between a set of Wera Hex Plus hex keys and a Topeak Ratchet Rocket.

The rest was the usual chocolate selection and a few bits of clothing. Actually a really good Christmas day considering both my mum and dad are rather ill and I had to spend half the day with my uncle (who is a Daily Mail reading racist idiot most of the time) who behaved himself!

prawny

Happy kids!

I got some PS3 games, but I chose then myself and I’ve been having a mare getting GT6 installed.

Just had a nice day though, and the little uns were well happy with what they got so job done I’d say.

Drac

Being off and actually feeling stable 95% of the day.

matt_outandabout

Complete Calvin and Hobbes collection

AdamW wins the thread.

I got a pair of Mavic Crossmax Pro shorts. 8)

jonnyboi

Smart turbo trainer, just did an hour of intervals and didn’t change gear once, terrific.

LeeW

Drac – Moderator 
    Being off and actually feeling stable 95% of the day.

Bit hoarse lately?

andyr
    Free Member

Whoopee cushion. It’s kept the kids entertained all day…

swhoward

Just finished building after kids and wife gone to bed:

ferrals
    Free Member

A scuttlebug for my eleven month old… brilliant seeing her face as she whizzed along the floor 😀

csb

The 5 quid disco bulb I got the wife, which transformed our Christmas morning into a rave with the kids.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Detectorists box set including series 3 and the Christmas special.

paulevans
    Free Member

Great Christmas this year. Kids have been a dream, Mrs PE calm and on good form ans presents – a Lego Mercedesl Arcos truck (bloody brill), Silca Ti Torque tool and a COZMO robot thing.

SaxonRider

The collected works of Poe. Woohoo!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Best present received today? *christmas content*’ is closed to new replies.