Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Best pram for offroading?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Beamers did you go against the ‘advice’ and take your kid out in it as a trailer as a baby under 1 year old?

(We did..)

jad
    Free Member

Another recommendation for a Chariot here:

carbon337
    Free Member

Ok Im sold on that cougar thing.

How small do they fold?

beamers

Yep, she was out in it from 1 month, i.e. once she had grown out of the baby bivvy. Mrs B went nuts when she had a look at the Chariot website and saw the 1 year advice. She imposed a towing ban until the 12 month point.

I was mega careful though whilst riding, as I still am. No bumps etc.

jad
    Free Member

Offroading in Glen Elchaig when my Daughter was 11 months:

It’s worth mentioning that this was way back in 2005 and the Chariot is still going strong and is now carrying my son.

Well worth the money if you make use of it.

joemarshall
    Free Member

The croozer baby sling suggests it is good for way younger than a year, I think it recommends something like 12 weeks for gentle biking, certainly okay at six months. It is brilliant, like a comfy hammock, she always goes to sleep in it, however fast I ride.

Surely the fancy chariot one is at least as safe?

What is better about the chariot compared to the croozer btw? I can’t see how it could be much better, the croozer is so solidand sturdy, and not very heavy.

beamers

Ok Im sold on that cougar thing.

How small do they fold?

IMG_9313 by Mark and Kirsty Beaman, on Flickr

So, the bar attaching the Chariot to the bike comes off just where the upturned wheel is.
    The main wheels pop off by pressing the button in the centre.
    The handlebars come out just where the roof sticks out at 90 degrees.
    The main bit folds flat at the hinge which you can see just above and the right of where the wheels attach.

You end up with something which is very flat but just as wide as it is when unfolded.
    Standing it on its side it fits in the back of our Subaru Legacy Estate no probs. When going on family holidays with the car fully loaded the whole lot goes in a Thule Atlantis 200 roofbox with loads of room to spare.

It’ll also fit in our boot with all of the wheels on, folded flat and with the bars removed.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Chariot cougar in my shed with all the bits, if you interested email me and I can send you some photos. It’s in fairly good nick £170 quid?

molgrips
    Free Member

Holy crap, you could get three times that for it on ebay! Take his arm off!

Seriously.. I bid for a fair few before getting one from the USA via the family.

TinMan
    Free Member

Out n About 360 here:

1week old
    Welsh Forests, MamTor, Monsul Head Footpath, nothing seems to phase it.

Mrs just doesn’t ride enough to warrant a Chariot

monkeychild
    Free Member

We have a Baby Jogger city elite and it’s ace. Unfortunately (well actually it’s not 😆 ) We have baby No 2 on the way in Jan 😀 So it has to go 🙁 We are replacing it with a Baby Jogger Select, as we are that impressed with the Baby jogger brand. They fold so easily and are the lightest buggies to push (we tried loads) plus they have the best hoods as most of the other hoods were rickety and didn’t come over far enough imho. Check their range out. If you are after one circa Jan time I am selling ours (it’s black) with rain cover for £200 😀

fraseruk
    Free Member

We’ve got a buggy that is branded as a Pegasus Land Rover that is really good – light, folds fairly small, proper tyres and good clearance. It’s pretty old, so I don’t think you’ll be able to get one new (we got it second hand) but highly recommended. It’s been getting a good test in the deep half-ploughed snow in Edinburgh this last fortnight – it’s been the only one I’ve seen out. I have used it a few times for running with too.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Best pram for offroading?’ is closed to new replies.