Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best places to see in York
  • jj55

Can you recommend some places to see & things to do on a long wekend in York?

andywarner
    Free Member

depends what you're into/after?

grunty
    Free Member

Railway museum?
    Minster?
    Jorvik Viking Centre?
    The Shambles?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Dusk walk along the wall is nice

andywarner
    Free Member

the art gallery is nice. it's very small so it doesn't wear you out. go to the top of the minster – amazing views. just walking around the city is nice looking at the huge variation of architecture. also the nightly ghost walks are quite interesting too.

warton
    Free Member

there used to be a great pub called the lamb and lion, thats shut now, shame. go to the minster, its lovely, don't pay for the bit that goes underground though, thats rubbish.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ghost walks can be fun too.

Some great pubs on Stonegate. Avoid the pubs on Micklegate.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The Rail Museum's free to get in. Defo worth going.

ryan_c

Hey
    I'm pretty sure lamb n lion is back open and does pretty good food.
    Also check out evil eye one night (hippyish bar) cool drinks and awesome indonesian food.
    Also unless you've got young kids i wouldn't bother with the jorvik viking centre or the nightly ghost walks around the city!

My advice from living here for the past 4 yrs don't bother bringing your bike! (But if anyone wants to set me straight on that with some decent routes feel free to contact me 🙂 )

Are you coming up for the Dalby WC stage by any chance?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

We went over the Easter weekend , myself and the wife … never been before and had a great time ..
    we did the dungeons
    jorvik center
    and the minster …
    Pre-book the dungeon and the jorvik to avoid the queues !! ,also the dungeons are cheaper(£4)during the week , instead of the weekend
    Had a great Italian meal at la vecchia scuola in lower petergate street

andywarner
    Free Member

yep if you like a drink york is fantastic for great pubs. one of my favourites is the maltings, which is also very handy for the railway museum. good basic food and an enormous variety of ales and ciders. and as mf says, stay well away from mickelgate (big brand lager, shooters, alcopops and yoofs!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best places to see in York’ is closed to new replies.