Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best places to eat in Barcelona?
  • ste_t
    Free Member

Here for another 4 days, TripAdvisor not much help.

Any recommendations? Tapas, meat, seafood, all welcome.

alexpalacefan

I’d get down to La Barcelonetta area, and just pick a restaurant you like the look of. Close to the harbour, so the seafood is always good.

APF

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fantastic.

lemonysam
    Free Member

We really enjoyed: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d697441-Reviews-Cafe_De_L_Academia-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

edit: which we went to because we screwed up our reservations for Pla ^^

doris5000

few years ago now but i had lots of fantastic food in the Gracia area – by Verdaguer and Joanic metros. Proper little neighbourhood gaffs that didn’t open til 9 and were full by 9.15. i did find most of them on tripadvisor, mind – their ‘search by map’ thing doesn’t seem to be as good as it was.

There’s a cracking market somewhere between Joanic and Fontana too.

i just looked for places where the reviews said they were full of locals 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

alexpalacefan – Member

I’d get down to La Barcelonetta area, and just pick a restaurant you like the look of. Close to the harbour, so the seafood is always good.

This.

The main tourist areas of the City are generally more expensive, with very tightly packed sitting, not quite as good service (staff more concerned with dragging you in rather than serving food) and less nice food.

The Harbour area is quieter, cheaper and the food is amazing.

I can’t think of any particular names, there a place right down the on harbour I like for lunch, it’s got a huge mirrored wall above it, despite what I said about it’s one of the most touristy places in the city, but it’s the best place to watch the world go buy and drink lovely cold beer and have seafood tapas. I wouldn’t go there in the evening though.

ourmaninthenorth

Euskal Etxea

Superb pinchos and outstanding meat and seafood. Had an amazing meal there earlier this year.

ETA: if you fancy something a bit swankier, book a table at Xalet de Montjuic – make sure you get a table in the restaurant on the revolving floor (though I believe the terrace is great as well).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Seafood – Botafumeiro – you can eat in restaurant or at the bar. Walls covered in photos, see who you can spot EDIT: deserted at 9 packed at midnight

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you want a great view across the entire city then there is a tapas bar at the bottom of the Funicular de Tibidabo. The Estrella was good, the tapas was standard but looking out like the lord of all he surveys was pretty special. Worth a lunchtime visit I reckon.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

There’s a good Ethiopian restaurant in the Gracia district if you like that style.

koldun
    Free Member

Here are a few of my favorites so far off the top of my head:

Pappa e citti – Gracia, Italian
    El 58 – Poble Nou, Spanish
    Can Paixano – Barcelonetta/Gothic, Cava & grill standing only and i think only for lunches
    la Taberna Blai – Poble Sec, Pintchos
    Blai 9 – Poble Sec, Pintchos

*Edit – Also The Moritz brewery on the edge of Raval

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Passadis del Pep.

Unless you don’t like seafood. And lots of food. And the fact there’s no menu. Just go with it!

(If you can find it. Just a door….)

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Tapas 24 is excellent

BigR

Have been to El Jardi a couple of times. Nice location, chilled atmosphere with good selection of tapas.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d2219997-Reviews-El_Jardi-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

ste_t
    Free Member

Thanks folks, some fantastic looking places for us to scope out! Ate out around Barceloneta last night, great paella. Again todoay, awful meat. Serves us right for having steak next to the sea I guess.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Lots and lots of places are stupendous.

If you’re after a quick snack, sit down and like pizza or pasta.. Made in sicily is great value. https://m.facebook.com/madeinsicily.bcn

hughjayteens
    Free Member

We went to a few of the top 5 tripadvisor places last November and they were all OK. However, we were advised to try http://www.spoonik.com and I can honestly say that it was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had (without trying to sound like a t*sser, I fortunately get to eat in a lot of London’s nicest places) . A little off the wall but truly incredible if you like special food.

The chefs there have worked in dozens of Michelin starred restaurants to gain experience and the place is within their former home. Only seats about 12 covers and we were there drinking with the chefs until 3am! (the last course came out after 1am).

The chefs here recommend Tapas 24 as the best tapas place and said it was where all the locals went.

Amazing city – one of my faves for sure.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

El Xampanyet. In a side street near the Picasso museum.

Cava bar with a very convivial ambience that does great tapas.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I just had a great meal on Monday night at Arcano. Near the Gothic quarter. Large group of us so we made things simple and went for the fixed menu – €45 for 6 or so courses with wine.

clicky

Edit: can paixaimo (mentioned above) was also recommended to us, but we never got round to it

Fat-boy-fat

Los Coracoles (I think). Bit touristy but lush. Many many others but I think we just picked random from a guide book.

TiRed

http://www.lagarrigacharcuteria.com/

If you can get in. Had a good meal there. Located in Eixample away from the tourists.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best places to eat in Barcelona?’ is closed to new replies.