• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best place to have Rockshox serviced?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I have bought some second hand Reba Race and was thinking about getting them serviced.

I have no idea how to service these forks nor the tools to do so and would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to give them a good going over.

Where would anyone recommend or should i just go to my LBS?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Tim Flooks or TF Tuned.

They do a brilliant job, I recommend them highly.

Blacklug
    Free Member

You dont need any special tools to service these forks yourself .. just an allen-key and a 10mm spanner.(think its a 10mm?)

Google for instructions. Rockshox are fantastic, in that they are so easy to service them yourself.

PJM1974
    Free Member

A 5mm allen key, a 10mm socket and some 15wt oil.

That's just to do the lowers. If you need to sort the lower seals then you need a special tool, likewise if you need to get at the damping assembly and air spring you'll need two sets of cir-clip pliers.

Given that they're second hand forks then you'd be best served sending them off to be sure.

mboy
    Free Member

Easiest fork in the world to service yourself to be fair!

Just serviced my 2nd hand Rebas the other day, after printing out the guide off the Rockshox website. It couldn't have been any easier to be fair! So so so simple to work on, minimum of tools needed, and the whole thing takes barely any time at all.

I carried out a full service on mine in less than 30 minutes, and all that was needed was…

5mm allen key
    10mm socket
    24mm socket
    15wt oil
    5wt oil

Fair enough TFTuned is the place to go to if you're going to spend your cash, but based on the fact that the Reba's are so simple to do yourself, and it's pretty much nigh on impossible to cock them up, why not give it a go!

Incidentally, if you're anywhere near Worcester, by all means pop em round and I'd be glad to sort em out for you for the price of a pie and a pint! 😉

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

Another vote for TFT

LoCo
    Free Member

Mail in profile.

Edric64
    Free Member

Do it yourself as above TFT charge a fortune time you have sent them there and back you are looking a well over a 100 quid.Fork servicing is not rocket science although TFT and the like would like you to believe it is

carlosg
    Free Member

Did some recon solo airs for a mate the other week , nearly the same internally and as above it really is a doddle to do yourself.

5mm allen key
    10mm socket
    24mm socket
    15wt oil
    5wt oil

these + a set of circlip pliers.

jonb
    Free Member

If you aren't confident doing it yourself then Merlin do it for £55 or there abouts. Did a good enough job on mine in that they came back feeling much better than they went.

As you might just need an oil change though, I'd seriously consider doing it yourself. Advice above and google it to find pictures.

LoCo
    Free Member

MoseyMTB hi sorry can't reply to your mail for some reason?! Mail me from another source and will try again.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Loco i don't have another e-mail sorry.

Try moseydo@hotmail.co.uk 08 Reba Race servivcing price.

Cheers

Otherwise anyone in or around sheffield or not too far and willing to service them im happy to pay a few quid.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

It is easy to do yourself yes and by all means have a go. TFT will do a better job though and don't kid yourself that they won't, they will set them up for your bike, riding style and weight too.

Depends how picky you are really but it is very easy to do a basic oil / seal change service.

sp
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member

Tim Flooks or TF Tuned.

They do a brilliant job, I recommend them highly.

And they will be like better than new, best money I ever spent…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best place to have Rockshox serviced?’ is closed to new replies.