Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best Glue ?
  • konajim
    Free Member

No..not for sniffing……… but for glueing my sidi shoes that the sole is coming off at the front ? is it worth it /
    jim

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Wheatabix are good. Ever tried getting them off the side of the bowl when dry.?

scaredypants

the stuff that comes out of sossiges onto your barbie ? – might even get a noseful on a hot day

(or araldite)

konajim
    Free Member

if you cant be serious dont bother you are wasting my time and yours .

errr Bite size or large weetabix?

eeeer Pork or Beef ?
    jim

bassspine
    Free Member

rollersnakes sell shoe repair gunge never tried it, but it looks likely…

midlifecrashes

No more nails or hot glue gun

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Loctite super glue is the stickiest substance in the known universe. If that fails, it’s new shoe time.

aracer
    Free Member

Probably Araldite for cycling shoes where the sole is stiff enough. If they’re not that stiff though (Sidis aren’t the stiffest, or didn’t used to be), the Evostick contact adhesive works better as it’s more flexible.

Superglue is only any good if you’ve got very closely fitting surfaces, which you’re unlikely to have with the sole of a shoe (though you can make it fill gaps better by adding bicarbonate of soda – otherwise known as baking powder).

stompy

West System….. we glue boats together with it 😀

Northwind

You need something a little flexible with shoes. I’d advise you just go to a shoe repair place tbh, I had the sole come loose at the front of my sidi motorbike boots and had 2 attempts to repair it myself, neither worked well, one 10-minute visit to the shoe place and they’ve been perfect ever since. And they didn’t charge either, just asked for a charity donation in their box.

Nick

I glued my Specialized Sport Shoe sole on with epoxy (araldite), not moved since and the shoes are now about 4 years old

mamadirt
    Free Member

You can get superglue gel (I forget the actual name) but it is very slightly flexible when dry so won’t crack like bog standard superglue. I’ve used it on soles before, no problem.

BigJohn

Stormsure or Aquasure wetsuit glue. I keep it in the freezer and everybody in my house uses it to stick shoes back together.

Odd stuff, needs 12 hours to set but when it does it is stronger than what it is mending and still flexy.

Get it from a surf shop or on line.

uplink
    Free Member

You need some Gorrila Glue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best Glue ?’ is closed to new replies.