Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best colour lenses….??
  • joiner
    Free Member

Wanting to know which is the best colour lenses for all round use…..

Houns

Depends on your eye type, go try some different ones on

deluded
    Free Member

Persimmon lenses are good for flat to low light. Apparently they filter blue light to boost contrast and enhance depth perception in overcast or shaded conditions.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If I had to pick one lens for everything, it would have to be clear. When don't they work? There may be better lenses for specific conditions but clear always works.

jemima
    Free Member

I use persimmons on the bike in most conditions apart from very overcast/dark when I'll go clear. I find any greater tint than the persimmon means I struggle when the trail is in and out of the shadows in the woods. Fire irid is similar to persimmon and you get the tarty reflective coating on the lens.

Cougar

Amber / persimmon yellow lenses are great for grey overcast conditions, AKA "British Summertime." I picked up a three-lens set from Wiggle (iridium mirrors, persimmon yellow and clear) and the amber ones the ones that have had the most use. The only downside is, you look a prize tool.

simon1975

+1 for clear (in the UK) 😀

Cougar

These are the ones I went for,

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Pro_Triple_Lens_Sunglasses/5360036778/

… I really rate them. My OH got some Madison D'Arcs which are ace and probably a better choice if only because you can get spare parts and extra lenses really easily.

lrd
    Free Member

How good are transitions, do they change quickly and can you literally use them for everything from a night ride to an early morning winter ride when the sun's low and blind's you on clear days? Or don't they go clear enough to use at night, in which case agree with the chap that said if you can only have one get clear. Actually a few interchangeables are prob'ly cheaper than transitions right?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All rounder – Oakley VR28
    Low light – Oakley Persimmon
    Water/brightness – Oakley Black Iridium or a VR28 Polarized
    Snow/chalk – Oakley Blue or Gold Iridium

Basically, get some Oakleys!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best colour lenses….??’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM