Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bespoked Bike Check: Kutaloni Presto
  • stwhannah

For the first time ever, the Bespoked Bike Show is leaving the UK and taking place in Dresden, Germany. From 13th-15th October, people will be able to …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/bespoked-bike-check-kutaloni-presto/

kayak23

I ply-ke that a lot Ash-Yew-ally.
    It’s t-Oak-ally better than the Alder version. Looks very Maple-ble and is likely to totally laminate the competition.

I work with a lot of laminates and ply myself and have to say, I’m surprised they would manage to get enough lateral strength into that section of seat stay. Looks fairly minimal for railing Ferns, I mean, berms.

One thing though. Be careful of detail shots when the detail isn’t quite perfect 😉
    Little bit of cheeky breakout on those dropout bolt drillings. Classic thing when you have really short grain near the edge on a laminate like that.

IMG_1772-1090x1536~2
    Sorry. Can’t help noticing stuff like this. I think my eyes are instantly drawn to defects that perhaps the person in the street might not pick up on.
    Cool looking bike though 😊👌

It’s great to see people doing bikes with wood. Would like to build something myself but it’s not really something that fires me up enough I suppose.

ThePinkster

I like the look of that, but

I’m surprised they would manage to get enough lateral strength into that section of seat stay

Did cross my mind too, unless there’s some bracing we can’t see from that angle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.