Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Berlingo/Partner Van Questions
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

OK – I'm sorry, I know there are tons of "which van" threads already (I've been trawling through them).

Looking at getting a used Berlingo/Partner van for business use – transporting bicycles for servicing. Budget £4k

Is there a longer version available in my price range? I read about different lengths but cannot seem to identify any. I know there are 600 and 800 versions but that refers to payload.

Can you fit bikes in vertically with the wheels on? Not worried about super tall DH/Freeride bikes.

Looking to get a 1.6HDi pref 90bhp if can find one.

Any advice gratefully received 🙂

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I have a 4 year old 1.6D and you can certainly stand 2 bikes with the wheels on, and more with the front wheels out.
    Not sure about different lengths.

trail_rat
    Free Member

3 year old 1.9D – can get 3 xc bikes in with wheels on or 1 29er and 1 normal bike

depends on milage you want – found it tough getting anything with less than 60k on the clock for 4k with an HDI – so got the N/A engine with 38k on the clock for 3.6k

mick_r

The long (L2) version is only available on the very latest new shape model (only been out about 18 months) so doubt if it will be in your price range. It is also very hard to find any information and good pictures – probably because it is plug ugly and looks like somebody nailed an extension on the back of the van! But it does have a clever sliding bulkhead in crew van mode:-

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/citroen-berlingo-l2-crew-van-1006398.html

Also have a look at Vauxhall Combo with 1.3 Diesel (only one length available).

Transit Connect and VW Caddy are only other ones that come in a long version. Connect, Caddy and Fiat Doblo are LCVs (light commercial vehicles) not car derived vans (GVW over 2 tonnes) so speed limits are 50mph A roads and 60mph dual carriageways 🙁

Also look at old shape Scudo / Dispatch / Expert (also LCV so reduced speed limit)

tang
    Free Member

ive got a berlingo multispace with a 1.6hdi engine. great little car, 2 bikes no probs. engine is great for running about, little gutless on the motorway.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Thanks for all the answers chaps.

Very useful. Put my mind at rest about fitting bikes in.

Seen a few 1.6HDis for around £4k.

Is the older 2.0HDi a lot heavier on fuel? Guess the VED will be higher too?

Will have a look at the Vauxhall too 🙂

EDIT:

I looked at the Combo – looks good value. Same question as the Berlingo – does it accomodate bikes the same way? It looks the same size.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Berlingo/Partner Van Questions’ is closed to new replies.