Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Bell Piece!
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Reluctantly I’m going to need a bell on my cockpit to warn oblivious walkers of my presence.

I’ve narrowed it down to two “pieces” but was wondering if there are others worth considering?

It needs to be less than £40 and asthetically pleasing to the eye.

These are the two I’m considering:

Knog Oi

Spurcycle

woodster

Rockbros?

I’m not usually keen on knock-offs, but £40 for a bell is insanity.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

timber bell.

Tempted with one of these. I use a bell all the time and just use cheap BBB ones.

dovebiker

Rockbros do a £8 Chinese knock-off of the Spurcycle – go at it with a pair of pliers and you’d struggle to notice the different.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’ve seen the Rockbros on eBay. Tempting but just can’t bring myself to do it, I’d rather pay for the Spurcycle quality.

That timber looks cool, quirky.

tthew

Like the Knog one. Definitely getting one of those for my commute.

It needs to be less than £40

Is it physically possible to purchase a bell that costs >£40 quid?

mattyfez

I have a black batman bell, because that’s how I roll.

you know you want to

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The timber is a cowbell with an on/off switch 🙂

mattyfez

Mind you, my bell, a shout and backpeddaling on a pro 2 evo, at least 10% of walkers are still ignorantoblivious and look shocked/dismayed when you “supprise” them.

Dudie
    Free Member

I can haz cheezburger

Make ding ding and make me hungry.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve one of those Knog Oi ones coming from supporting the kickstarter campaign
    A lot of my local riding involves canal towpaths so a bell is becoming a must

andyl
    Free Member

That Oi bell is cool. Shame it’s not out yet.

NormalMan

I’ve been using a few different shared paths recently so have seen how a bell can be useful!

I’d like one of those Knog ones for my HT.

I have a Timber on order for my fatbike, which hopefully should arrive soon.

andcarson
    Free Member

Is this actually a serious thread? Who in their right mind would pay that much for a bell!?

alexpalacefan

I have the Spur Cycle one. It’s fantastic, a long loud tone and seems built to last.
    Not cheep though, and I’m waiting for the Knog for the bell on another bike.

APF

PS, bought a Spur Cycle knock-off on Ebay. It was shite!

devash
    Free Member

The Knog one is perfect. Doesn’t come out until later in the year though (unless you chipped in a certain amount for their Kickstarter campaign, in which case they get sent out in August).

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Is this actually a serious thread? Who in their right mind would pay that much for a bell!?

Quite a few people by the looks of it. 😉

andy2002

I’d recommend the Trigger bell. I’ve got the older version 2, it’s loud enough, fits neatly under the bars so it isn’t very visible and it only cost around £12. Looks like the new version will be available soon.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Mind made up. I’m going for the Matt Black Spurcycle.

Does anyone know where it’s in stock in the UK?

Direct shipping from Spurcycle USA looks to be £50 with shipping but is there likely to be an additional duty to pay on top?

finbar
    Free Member

PS, bought a Spur Cycle knock-off on Ebay. It was shite!

???

I’ve got one. It stays attached to my bars and pings when I press the lever, stays quiet when I don’t. What else do you want a bell to do?

ads678

It’s threads like this that show that the bike industry can actually charge any amount they like for anything and idiots people will still buy their shit!

https://www.evanscycles.com/fwe-bell-EV196317?esvt=1114-GOUKE1545114&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-828952-1&esvcrea=99008539136&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvo=EV196317-NA-NA&esvaid=50080&gclid=CKDZ9JjUmM0CFVU_GwodGhsEWA

£3.99 what more do you want!

Mumbles…..£40 for a bell…..mumbles……

NormalMan

I’d run a ‘basic’ bell upside down on my ht for a while which looks like the idea of that trigger bell.

I’m still thinking on one of those now. Depends how soon the Oi takes to hit the shops.

I’d hoped my Timber one might arrive today but alas no.

thenorthwind

looks to be £50 with shipping

😯

Why not just pay a man to run in front of you waving a red flag?

NormalMan

benmotogp46 – Member
    Mind made up. I’m going for the Matt Black Spurcycle.

Bricklane bikes and Always Riding seem to be showing them in stock.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just shout at people, it’s free.

ThePinkster

I’ve got one of these Decathlon bells on my bike and it’s really very good, with 2 rings instead of the normal 1 each time you use it.

I did push the boat out & go for the more expensive one though.

£2.99 instead of £2.50 for the painted ones.

NormalMan

Too late to edit but looks like the shops I’d seen only have the silver now.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Done. SJS Cycles £52

It’s threads like this that show that the bike industry can actually charge any amount they like for anything and idiots people will still buy their shit!

Clearly no appreciation for quality craftsmanship. If Hope made a similar product, no doubt it would cost around the same price bracket.

ads678

Its a bell, on a bike, which no fecker is gonna take any notice of anyway……….. 🙄

Seriously though….it’s your money, who am I to tell you how to spend it. I wouldn’t, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.

robowns
    Free Member

Wouldnt be seen with a bell personally but nowt wrong with spending £40 on one; £40 doesnt get you much of anything.

ads678

it could get you 10 bells…

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I would prefer a cockpit without a bell but since I’ve chosen to have one, I’m treating it like a quality component to complement the rest of the bike.

robowns
    Free Member

I think you’ve ended up with a rather dashing cockpit system.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

That ones not mine. I’ll post a pic after Father’s Day…..

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Hope rear hub for FTW.

NormalMan

I gave in to the call of the Trigger bell for my HT.

Just pre-ordered one.

I’ll be able to do a Timber and Trigger review (hopefully) soon 😆

benmotogp46
    Free Member

It arrived. Have to I’m rather pleased with it.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Bell Piece!’ is closed to new replies.