• This topic has 50 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Being let down
  • hora
    Free Member

0091paddy who are their competitors? Offer to ride for them for the loan of a bike and shirt.

sharki
    Free Member

Last year i rode in a team for a local bike shop, they gave nothing to the team but were more than happy to have a write up in the local papers letting our efforts promote them.

They asked me again this year, they got told……

You tell them!

Drac

Why didn't you ask after the first time it happened what they deal would include if you rode for them? If you weren't happy the first time your daft for letting it happen again.

Me I'd be happy if they paid for my entry and provided a few beers and maybe a T-shirt.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and if there's a last-minute problem with their team bikes

… then they are obviously incompetent 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

Last time I rode for a team – they supplied bike, kit, transport and food. This lot are trying to tell you something.

MrAgreeable

they are obviously incompetent

I love how you can tell that, as someone who purports to have never even entered a race. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as someone who purports to have never even entered a race

but I have ridden a bike, and if a company that make bikes cannot get a few that work then they are hopeless, surely ? How complicated can it be ?

MrAgreeable

A bit more complicated than taking a load of people for a ride along a footpath and pushing some of them into a river. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A bit more complicated than taking a load of people for a ride along a footpath and pushing some of them into a river

is it ? One might have imagined that people who make bikes would be able to do it whenever they liked

trail_rat
    Free Member

This thread stinks of

"podium rider coming through"

hora
    Free Member

Smee – Member

Last time I rode for a team – they supplied bike, kit, transport and food. This lot are trying to tell you something.

No, sounds like they are literally trying to wing free publicity. Thats rank.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Being let down’ is closed to new replies.