Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Beer + eBay
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A cat D mk1 MX5 for £500 about 4/5 years ago now. Put it through an MOT where it failed on just about every thing it could have done so broke it for parts and scrapped the rest. Got the best part of a grand back…

matt_outandabout

Back to cool things – my brother had a seat pair from an APT, and a Citroen DS. And gave them both away on last night on the town in Newcastle before emigrating to NZ….those seats would have looked fab in my hallway..

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I bought a fan blade from an Rolls Royce Olympus jet engine for £28.

rockhopperbike

Guy I worked with had issues like this.

best one was a excavator- he wanted one for digging a load of his garden out and thought it was cheaper than hiring- and he could sell it afterwards, anyway – he didn’t realise that the machines were listed in bucket capacity and not machine weight….

he thought it was odd no one was bidding on the 4 tonne machine he won- couldn’t even get the wagon up his road when it came!

it did look cool thou!

pictonroad

Made a profit in the end, spent it in a strip club. Whilst drunk.

LenHankie

A 1983 Mercedes 280ce for £450. It looked cool in the photos, but you can imagine the state of it. Sold a week later for £300…. 😳

turboferret

Not sure I was drunk at the time, but certainly not thinking entirely straight. Mk1 Golf Gti cabriolet. Ran but needed a little bit of cosmetic tidying. Had it parked outside a friends workshop when some scrotes smashed all the windows on Christmas Eve, delightful phone-call to receive that was….

Ended up selling it for a profit shortly after even though it was in much worse condition than when I bought it, plus it wouldn’t start!

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Beer + eBay’ is closed to new replies.