Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Beef?
  • cudubh

Looking for some advice on where to source some tasty beef in the Central Scotland area, closer to Falkirk the better. The abattoir at Dunblane was suggested but when I called them they said they don’t do cutting so don’t sell to the public. The last lot we got was a half of my mother in law’s last Angus which tasted amazing, slow grown and far too fatty to be commercially sold but really special. It wasn’t offically organic but close to. I am looking for something like a hind quarter to go in the freezer. We already have a couple of lambs in and a wee bit bit of beef would be just the job.

highlandman
    Free Member

Brig Highland Beef at bridge of Earn has gone a bit mainstream recently but still does incredibly good hairy highlander beef. Try calling them and see if they’ll do you a deal on a part beast.
    In my humble view, Highlander is the best beef you can get, with that same slow growing, exceptionally tasty result.

cudubh

Highlandman,

Certainly worth giving them a shout and I’m not too far away from them. Its worth travelling a bit if I have to get something decent.

Thanks.

bigG
    Free Member

T & R Skinners of Kippen is what you want, only a short drive from Falkirk. They supply the best meat I’ve found anywhere in central Scotland. They are usually happy to negotiate on price when I’ve bought large quantities from them.

You can combine it with lunch at lunch at the Cross Keys which is right across the street for a great day out.

cudubh

bigG

Sounds ideal and no distance from me at all. Just out of interest what have you got from them before?

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve had whole lamb, 1/2 lamb and 1/4 steer. Their whole gammon is incredible, we had one last Christmas and it still makes my mouth water to think of it.

The sausages and pies are prize winning too.

Be ready to remove a kidney in return for their meat though, prices can be eye watering when you start to talk about large quantity. Prices are entirely dependant on what they pay at the auction though, so you might get lucky.

Let me know how you get on

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Beef?’ is closed to new replies.