• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Beat this for a slowwwww puncture….!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Noticed the front tyre on my commuter was loosing a tiny bit of pressure this week. Ridden on it for 2,3, maybe 4 days, but last night I thought I'd better check it out.

(Aplogies for crap phone pics, but you get the idea)

FFS!!! OMG??!! WTF?!?! etc….
    How the hell does that work then? Surely that should have gone POP!? 😯

It was a big thorn, not a nail. The tyre was at 60psi, and lost maybe 20-25psi over a week. I'm still amazed, TBH. 🙂

GW
    Free Member

Get a life!

seriously 🙄

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Your prick is nearly and inch long! 😆 But you tell her it is at least 6! 😯

njee20
    Free Member

Did you maybe think the thorn was plugging the hole? Looks fairly normal to me…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Peter has the best slow punctures of any of us and all you haters can suck his balls. 😈

the-muffin-man

There's obviously not a lot of hawthorn around your way!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lordy, there's some happy souls around this morning. 8)

Dobbo

I smacked a nail through a floorboard into a heating pipe, only sprung a leak when I pulled the board and nail up, funny that…. 😐

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good god what a miserable git you are today GW.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Muffin Man, I've experience the dreaded hawthorn before, but it was pretty instant every time on that ride. We all ran out of tubes…. 😕

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I fixed a puncture on the front wheel of my Brompton last night.

This morning I got a puncture on the rear wheel of the Brompton.

It's got to be a conspiracy

monkeychild
    Free Member

Punctures are bad mmmkay

Dobbo

I had a puncture in my inflatable woman last night I only found out when I pulled my knob out. 😆

stumpy01

In Spain this year I awoke one morning to a flat tyre.

While sorting the tube out, I chucked it in the pool to find the leak and there was a bubble of air forming and coming away from the tube about once every 5 secs and that was with a lot of air in the tube to find the hole.

Probably could have just re-inflated it and just kept topping it up evey few hrs!

woffle
    Free Member

I've a slow puncture that if I get a decent psi in it actually seems to stop the hole as it'll go 5+ days without losing pressure. Run anything under 75psi and it needs topping up every day or so.

Got a new tube to put in this weekend as the current one is a mass of patches.

kilgoretrout
    Free Member

@Peter, had a similar thing a couple of months ago, saw a huge thorn in my tire while out, decided not to mess with it, rode home about 6 miles including some fast and bouncy downhill, all fine, removed the thorn from the tire and deflated in a few seconds.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Thats just a lack of preventative maintainence right there, if you'd opened up that tyre from new and filled it with good quality grease, that would never have happened.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Looks like a Freeride puncture to me…….

Milkie
    Free Member

Is that it!?

I don't take photo's of my punctures, as I never thought they were anything special. I guess they have been compared to yours. Under 1" is pathetic. 😉

Kit
    Free Member

I take your thorn, and raise it a rusty nail 😀 (although admittedly, the tyre went flat in about 10 secs no not really a slow puncture)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Beat this for a slowwwww puncture….!’ is closed to new replies.