Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • BBC iplayer and iPhone
  • Marmite
    Free Member

Iplayer used to work fine, now not playing. Comes up with download and play in media player buttons, neither of which work!

Tried clearing cache etc still nothing.

Anyone else having trouble?

GrahamS

Working fine here on iPhone 3GS.

Are you using the iPlayer Mobile site?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/

Marmite
    Free Member

Yes, doing all the same as before, very odd.

CountZero

Just tried it on this one, which is a year-old 3G, and it was playing an episode of Campion quite happily. I do have to clear memory quite often, especially when I'm using Internet radio, 'cos it doesn't have that much RAM. Hmmmm, not sure what to suggest, really, other than it might be down to a memory full issue. I use Clear Memory to free mine up, do you use an app, or just reboot?

GrahamS

Got "Plugins" and "Javascript" turned on in Settings?

Tried clearing cookies as well as cache?

Marmite
    Free Member

Yes all those things turned on.

Cache cookies and history cleared.

Rebooted also, that changed nothing either.

Marmite
    Free Member

Only thing I can't try just now is using a different wifi account though not sure how mine all of a sudden wouldn't work?

GrahamS

Very odd. Wonder if a deep link is any better?

Click on this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00n1j8q

I see:

What do you see?

CountZero

Graham, you need to do something about that battery charge… 😉

GrahamS

Tell me about it.

That's from fully charged this morning. 3% now. Where'd I put that cha..

Marmite
    Free Member

Right sorted it. Removed a few jailbroken apps that had been installed.

Not sure which one was responsible but one of them buggered up the iplayer!!

Sorted now though, thanks for everyones suggestions.

john_l
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that you can still only watch with a wi-fi connection, not download & watch off-line?

GrahamS

Yah.

Bit of an impasse. BBC need to have copyright protection in their files when you download them. Apple refuse to allow any other copyright protection mechanisms other than their own formats.

CountZero

Hmmm, jailbreaking does introduce it's own issues. That's an explanation that hadn't occurred to me.
    Regarding the battery, my 3G's got an external battery pack on it; listening to six hours of 6Music runs it down just a tad…

Marmite
    Free Member

I had Imuzic, DTunes and a Safari Download Plugin installed, there was also vwallpaper. I suspect the download plugin was responsible.

Never used the imuzic anyway so no loss that it is removed.

Jailbreaking seems fine in all other respects, seems that now and then you may find something that affects something else…

If only Apple would allow a decent video recorder on the 3G then i'd even consider going back to standard.

However only 6 months till upgrade time, new one will be out by then, or there is always Googles Nexus One….?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘BBC iplayer and iPhone’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM