Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bathgate/Livingston to Edinburgh Gyle. Safe trail suggestions needed.
  • Xan
    Free Member

Looking at turning part of my journey from Airdrie to Edinburgh into a cyle. I have seen a feew people on off road trails at various parts on my journey. I have looked at the Sustrans but seems to include alot of raod miles on some very dodgy roads. anyone got any recomentation that I could try out? Need to start somewhere I can safely leave my car.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Drop the car somewhere like Ratho and follow the canal in if you want to avoid the roads.

The Sustrans route from Livingston to Edinburgh is mostly off-road or on quiet roads, but it's not particularily quick or direct.

druidh
    Free Member

Canal is the most obvious choice, depending on where in town you need to be. The annoying bit is around Broxburn as it loops back on itself a bit. Should be fairly quick until you hit the Longstone area. You can switch over to the Water of Leith walkway here if that suits your destination better.

Alternatively, there's a cycle path running alongside the the A8 from Newbridge to the Gyle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bathgate/Livingston to Edinburgh Gyle. Safe trail suggestions needed.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM