Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Barzo/Mezcal combo anyone? Or something else?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Considering these for a rigid Salsa El Mariachi, specifically:

Barzo 29×2.6 front
    Mezcal 29×2.35 rear

Any recommendations appreciated

letmetalktomark

Following with interest.

I’ve been hugely impressed with the Vittoria tyres I’ve used to date (Peyote & Barzo)

Currently eyeing up a pair of 2.6” tyres but not sure if to pair or mix as you’ve suggested.

🤔

si77

Been running Barzo/Mezcal for the last 9 months allbeit not in those widths. Fine in the summer, but struggled with rear-end grip in recent cold damp conditions. I’ve decided to put a Gato on the back now until weather improves.

Love the way the (anthracite) sidewalls don’t weep sealant, unlike other brands I’ve tried in the past.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Interesting I was hoping they would be a fit and forget set up for all year round use. 🙁

Shred
    Free Member

I’m running that combo, but in 2.25 on my 29er. I was out this evening and had no issues with grip, although around here it is mainly rocky, not a lot of slop.
    What one person is happy with, another will hate.

mboy
    Free Member

I’d suggest a Racing Ralph/Ray combo, but as you’re after a 2.6″ front then maybe stick with the 2.35″ Ralph rear, and go for a 2.6″ Nic up front…

qwerty
    Free Member

Martello / Barzo here, both in 650b/2.35″

Kryton57

Mezcal is a summer / dry tyre in the main.  In the winter I tend to run Barzo/Barzo or Barzo/Gato if it’s really bad in the slop.  More so with these tyres than others I wouldn’t worry about swapping, they go up very very easily tubeless.

smokey_jo

Barzo/Mezcal here 2.4 f+r. Mezcal only overwhelmed in total slop where most tyres would be anyway. Mezcal will go back on front for the summer.

weeksy

Tried them in a 2.3-4 i think… Hated both. Felt skittery, out of control and lacking in grip.

Pretty much gave them away on here… Rubbish rubbish things.

mattbee

Have run Morsa/Mezcal combo for a couple of years. The Mezcal is a bit overwhelmed by sticky winter chalky muck round here so have swapped out for the winter but otherwise find them great tyres, grippy but fast rolling and have worn well too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Barzo/Mezcal combo anyone? Or something else?’ is closed to new replies.