Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bald Guys of STW
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Quick question, shaved or BIC’d?

CheesybeanZ

Shave in the shower with a sensitive disposable bic type .

Zero with the clippers – no guard and on the closest adjustment. Once a week for the head and twice a week for the face, with the setting backed off around 1mm on the chops

zippykona

Zero on clippers standing in the shower once a week.

jimmy

Same as theArtist. Which my phone just autocorrected to therapist.

maccruiskeen

Same as theArtist. Which my phone just autocorrected to therapist.

With a capital R? 🙂

zippykona

Better than the rapist.

mooman
    Free Member

same as TheArtist here too. Used to bic .. but that’s needs to be done at least twice a week otherwise it gets painful and pulls what little hair you got left on your head out.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Zero with the clippers – no guard and on the closest adjustment

This.

binners

As a confirmed slaphead one of these is the best money you’ll ever spend. Its like a flymo for your head. No guard and just rorm it around your bonce once a week, for that big shiney fodded Phil Mitchell look that women (and men who bowl from the pavilion end) just can’t get enough of! 😀

=

Moses

How do you make sure you don’t miss little tufts? I have to ask Mrs M to check me ever time I use the clippers: she nearly always finds a little patch that I’ve missed.

binners

The flymo does away with the tufts. Its idiot proof (I should know). When I used normal old-style clippers, I’d always miss bits. Mrs B would then tell me (in a truly non-PC manner) ‘you’ve got chemo hair’, and tidy up the bits I’d missed.

Seriously… buy a set. They’re the dropper post of haircare products. You wonder why no-one thought of it before as they’re clearly so much better than normal clippers. And if you’re doing your bonce every few days, well worth investing in

Jamie
    Free Member

I use some Philips QC5570/13 without the guard. Maybe better out there, but they have done me reet for 10 years* or so. Washable, reasonable price, cordless and rotatey blade all pluses.

*Not the same pair.

Saying that, Binners, and this guy:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2qBUvDAUWw[/video]

…make me wonder if I should give it a try. Although if you have an odd shaped melon, it looks crap.

isitafox
    Free Member

Had my eye on either a set of Wahl Balding clippers (cut shorter than normal hair clippers, I think they come with a guard that sets them at what normal clippers are without!) and a Headblade ATX for the shiny shiny look as it’s supposed to make it a piece of piss but can’t for the life of me decide which one. Probably be better with the actual clippers as I know when I’m working 6-6 nights I really cannot be arsed to have a shower most of the time!

loddrik
    Free Member

Zero with the clippers – no guard and on the closest adjustment. Once a week for the head and twice a week for the face, with the setting backed off around 1mm on the chops

Are you in fact me?!

How do you make sure you don’t miss little tufts? I have to ask Mrs M to check me ever time I use the clippers: she nearly always finds a little patch that I’ve missed.

10 years of practice

twinw4ll
    Free Member

9″ angle grinder, then blow torch any bits i’ve missed.

Harry_the_Spider

Once a fortnight with the clippers and no guard.

jamj1974

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

This

rj
    Free Member

Clippers, no guard, every day.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Party wig and a big smile always works.

smogmonster

Wet shave all round the chrome dome.

Alphabet

How short is the cut from the BaByliss mentioned up there ^^^ without the guard on?

I’m after very short but not completely bald.

flask
    Free Member

Clippers – No guard once/twice a week if I can remember.

Beard – haven’t shaven for about 4 months.

mrjmt
    Free Member

That flymo jobby is cheaper at agros

Might give it a go.

Keando

Goatee: once a week with No. 1 Clippers
    Rest of face/neck: Daily with electric shaver
    Bonce & rest of Face/neck get wet shaved once a week.

binners

How short is the cut from the BaByliss mentioned up there ^^^ without the guard on?

The flymo is the same as normal clippers with no guard on. Down to the bone but not completely chrome dome

Alphabet

Thanks for the reply. That might be a little short for me at the moment …

binners

They come with a selection of guards Alphabet. So you can go as short as you like. I just prefer mine down to the bone, hence not bothering with the guards

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Stopped using the clippers in the shower as always resulted in little shavings in my undercarriage later – no matter how much doucheing I did – that’s a very uncomfortable way to spend a day.

chris_db
    Free Member

Shave in the shower; I’m as shiny as.

teasel
    Free Member

On the subject of theArtist/theRapist theme… in a couselling class at college many years ago one student remarked that the use of the word psychotherapist could be read, by some at least, as Psycho The Rapist, and should be discouraged. I know, a bit weird and all that.

For some reason the name always conjured up a clown, though not necessarily a bald one …

bikemanspen
    Free Member

The flymo sounds very appealing I might be sold! Then I won’t have to share clippers with the dog…. Yippeee

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bald Guys of STW’ is closed to new replies.