Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Back from first snowboarding hol pics
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

When can I go again When can I go again When can I go again
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/49043847@N03/sets/72157625661374509/

Creg

Ah Flaine, enjoyed doing a season there.

Immensely ugly resort but some fantastic riding to be had. I could never decide which I liked best, Serpentine or the run down to Morillon (best done at first lift when its quite firm and no-one was about).

Looks like you had a lot of fun 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

My favs were serpentine, tourmaline and marmotte but after I was over the speed thing I found that I really preferred off piste days trying not to touch any runs at all. Great place though if you like chilled nights with no screaming chavs.

Creg

Yeah it makes a pleasant change to get a ski resort not rammed with chavs or students.

Some fantastic off piste stuff too. Used to enjoy the off-piste under the Egg (if its still there) and under the cablecar, even though it was full of crevasses(sp?)

singletrackmind

Nice jump, Is this really your first proper snowboard holiday? If it was i am going to guess you were a skateboarder and / or a surfer . Then you went with 3 or 4 mates who have all been several times before?

VV Jealous , cracking pic . Worth a high quality A3 blow up and frame imo

redthunder
    Free Member

Greta pix 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

yup, first trip to the snow. I did used to skate board when I was a kid and learnt to snowboard at Tamworth in a day then went 5 times or so and twice messing about on the local hill with the Tollah when we had the dump. I went with a mate who was experienced (Kieran on here) and we had some lessons in a mastery group. I told the instructor I had never been before at the end of the lessons. I’m not sure what he said in french to the group but they all made a lot of noise. To be honest, parts of the lessons were tricky, trying to to nose and tail press into 180 switch’s down reds on ice. Fun though and I think I’ve picked a lot up from the week.

Woody
    Free Member

That looks fantastic with great snow. Interesting jacket 😯

jam-bo

Nice. Off to flaine for the first time in three weeks time. Can’t wait, be a change from chamonix the last couple of times.

What was the snow like? Mate of mine has just had a shocking week in les duex alpes. Lots of rain and a fairly major thaw by the sounds of it…

Jammy111
    Free Member

got back from flaine as well. snow was crap for the last three days as it rained on thursday all day. lower slopes weren’t even worth bothering with. best keep your fingers crossed for more snow!

TheSwede
    Free Member

jam bo
    We were VERY lucky. Now snow in the alps for two weeks when we arrived. We had a little dump mid week then the thaw started down low. We had a day of rain which was snow up high so it was still good up there and off piste was still powder in places. The last two days turned everything up high to ice and down low to slush and grass. Praise to the piste bashers. As we were on the way out of Flaine, they were trucking snow in!!! Felt sorry for the folks arriving as we were leaving. Chamonix had snow today I’m told so hopefully the weather is on the turn again.

jam-bo

Going with UCPA on half day tuition. There instructors are really good and took me on a long way in chamonix.

Here’s hoping for some fresh snow…

TheSwede
    Free Member

jam bo
    That’s exactly what I did. Are you staying at Les Linders? If you are, it’s great, the food is fantastic and the place is so sorted and friendly. Please say hello from Ryan to Xavier, the chief instructor there. He may have a story or two to tell.

jam-bo

Yep. Going with the missus. Was supposed to be a big group of us but loads dropped out.

Half day works well as she’ll be in the beginners group and I’ll be the confirme. Can meet up and board together after lunch.

What are the blue runs back to the resort like?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Kin’el its Swede flying through the air on a board. How come you are so crap on SS then ? Looks like you had a good un Swede and at last you have joined the kool school. Just over 3 weeks until me & the ginger prince go off piste and I carn’t bloody wait 8)

TheSwede
    Free Member

jam bo
    What are the blue runs back to the resort like?

All of the runs directly into resort are red or green. If you mean snow conditions, then not good when I left I’m afraid. very icy and slushy. If you mean ease or difficulty for the Mrs, I couldn’t compare as it was my first trip but nothing seamed very difficult on piste to be honest but we didn’t do any blacks as they looked like icy mogul fields and hard work for boarders.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Great Pictures –
    Flaine is a great place, its where I first learnt how to snowboard. Still board sometimes, but I’ve gone back to skiing, as all our group are skiers and boarding solo is not as fun. Also as u mentioned above – icy black mogul fields are fun on two planks but not one.

PS- that binding looks proper fecked. Hire or your own? How?

TheSwede
    Free Member

PS- that binding looks proper fecked. Hire or your own? How?

It was kieran’s. He’s a big lad 😯

TheSwede
    Free Member

Sausage fingers.

Kieran

Good pics and a good holiday despite me breaking just about everything!

Yep, thats my binding, I think its natures way of telling me I need to go on a diet 🙂 Unfortunatly the food (especially the cakes) was too good to pass up!

Cheers for the one of me passed out :mrgreen: I still maintain I was ill!

Kieran

Oh, and I seem to remember this was your usual position;

DSC00450 by The Swede2010, on Flickr

😆

TheSwede
    Free Member

Kieran, that’s me snoozing, waiting for you 😉
    Stumpy, I never like to draw attention when I ride ss 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Oh kieran, did you mean this one?

or this one? 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Back from first snowboarding hol pics’ is closed to new replies.