Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Back after leg break £650-700 budget what bike?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

So I broke my leg in January this year and due to wage issues I had to sell my mmmbop. Now I’m all fixed and want to get back riding but my budget is pretty limited at a maximum of £700.

I ride mostly in the peaks and Wharncliffe but have ridden Dalby etc a few times.

I’m thinking a lighter 100mm HT to get me back in but obviously my budget limits my choice.

I have seen a lovely 2011 Giant XTC with recon 100mm upfront but I’m worried its just too racy for my riding.

Has to be a 15.5-16 inch frame too.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I’m gagging to get back out after 7 months out.

Pook

Something from classifieds?

trailertrash

. (edit) 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

The Canyon Yellowstone looks good VFM

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2051

montylikesbeer
    MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Pook yeah I’ve got one eye permanently on the classifieds. Oh and let me know of any rides, I’ll be unfit and slow for a bit but I’ll pedal like mad.

Monty had an inbred before we fell out but thanks greatly appreciate all ideas.

Uplink I’ve been looking at the nerve and never even thought of the canyon so off to peak now.

Thanks everyone so far.

geoffj
    MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Looked at the Merlin but they only have 13″ instock.

The XTC 3 is down from £1000 to within my budget and I’ve ridden one before.

I guess at some point I’m gonna be wanting the option of more travel upfront.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Back after leg break £650-700 budget what bike?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM