Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • AY-UP-grade
  • grahamt1980

Looking at the beam shots, how much would it be to fit one set of XPE and one set of XPG. It looks like that would be the best match for my mix of narrow and intermediate beam patterns.
    Cheers
    Graham

J0N
    Free Member

Do you not need a glass cover over the Regina lens to seal the unit from water and dirt? the cutter pics of the lens looks like an open reflector to me. Can you post some pics of the finished article.

trout
    Free Member

Due to having to paint the dining room and do this as well I forgot the pics for soldering the leds and glueing the reflectors

but remembered when it was too late so we have now got the it wired and glued

and next need to cut 2 discs from some clear stuff I have used 1.5 mm Lexan available form Evilbay .

they then need holding in place before you can do the finishing off
    so I used a syringe to place a coiple of blobs of silicon to hold the discs and let it set

now the stack height is to much so the retaining rings need trimming down it is easy to sand them on a flat surface to take off 1 mm or so

and then using syringe to place a bead around the bezel the retaining ring clicks back in and job done .

Sorry I forgot to take a pic of the finished job and packed them up for posting back.

wildrnes
    Free Member

Arrived this morning
    Thank you so much Mr T
    They are much brighter than they used to be, which to be honest is all you need to know, the upgrade makes perfect sense, I have a magic shine/mytinysun/spokeperson light to compare it with which the new ayup easily outperforms. I will be testing them out in anger this week, first test is how long the battery lasts on the commute.

Matt

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Hi Troutie, a couple of questions:

Ayup state that they use Cree Xlamp LEDs in the highest flux bin they can get in bulk so is it the change of LED that’s giving the increased output or would the change of optics alone give a significant increase?

Also, with the introduction of an air cavity into the light will there be a risk of misting on cold nights? Presumably this will be dependant on the humidity when the light is resealed.

Many thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘AY-UP-grade’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM