Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Elixir R, Magura Marta or Hope Mono Mini – help me to choose!
  • drotos
    Free Member

Which brakeset would You choose among these? And why? 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Always hope – for interchangeability and spares availability along with long pad life. With plenty of power.

bol

I’ve had Elixirs and Martas, and actually preferred the feel of the Elixirs, although the Martas are a lot more pimpy. The main reason I’d go for the Elixirs though is because you can get a brand new set in the classifieds for about £100. They’re OE on so many bikes, and so many people feel obliged to swap them out for Hopes that they’re probably the best value piece of kit you can buy.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of two month old Hope M4’s (203 and 183 discs, mounts the whole lot) for sale, £225 + postage, email in my profile…

I have X2’s on another bike and like TandemJeremy states they are great for interchangability and spares, just love hope brakes as they will always be backed up with good service too

toys19
    Free Member

I have elixir 5’s and they are very powerful.

topangarider
    Free Member

How about the new Magura MT range – if you can get hold of them.

takisawa2

Elixirs CR’.s here, seem ok. Bled the front the other day, & was easy enough. Always the concern that they will be problematic eventually, like Juicies can be. But have two other sets of Juicies that have seen years of service, one set a pain, the other never needing touching. Given the choice my cash would go on Hopes, but as said the Elixirs offer incredible power for not much cash. Hopes X2’s are great, but pricey.

modamechanic
    Free Member

Magura MT8 or MT6 are awesome. Really light, really powerful & look gr8! Looks like Magura are sending the pre-orders out now, as I have seen a few sets around.

Marta’s also work well & prob going on offer as they sell through.

Elixirs that I have seen so far have been good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir R, Magura Marta or Hope Mono Mini – help me to choose!’ is closed to new replies.