Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • AutoTrader problem.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’m in the process of looking and drooling at some cars but can’t open the photos to have a look at the images.
    Is it me and my computer or AutoTrader and affecting everyone?

stumpy01

I can see them fine on my work PC with Chrome….

donsimon
    Free Member

😥
    Cheers. I thought it might be my problem as they stopped working after some update.

donsimon
    Free Member

Is there any setting that I can change to get these ruddy photos working again?

zorrofox
    Free Member

I’m having the same problem mate. Have you managed to find a fix yet?

Markie
    Free Member

Do you run an ad-blocker? Try disabling it on the autotrader site and see if that helps.

zorrofox
    Free Member

Bingo! I use Adblock Plus on Firefox and changing it’s settings worked a treat, thanks Mark. It’s strange though as I’ve been using Adblock Plus since the dawn of time and never had this problem with Autotrader before the latest Firefox update. Again, thanks a lot mate 🙂

zorrofox
    Free Member

Does this site have a built-in spell-checker? If so where can I switch it off?

Markie
    Free Member

No probs! 🙂

I had the same problem a week or two back, though (and I now can’t remember why) I came to the conclusion it was an autotrader update that had done it… still, alls well that ends well!

zorrofox
    Free Member

I guess advertising is an important revenue stream for them so it may well be down to Autotrader. Never mind, as you say all’s well that ends well. Now if only this winter would end and I could get out on my bike again, lol.

geoffj

I had this in Firefox. Was OK in Safari though.

DezB
    Free Member

You need the iPad Autotrader app. It’s the best way 🙂

davidjones15
    Free Member

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. There was a problem in Firefox but it worked fine in Chrome, it now works fine in Firefox even with ABP activated. It looks like Autotrader were doing some fiddling as the enlarged photo page has changed. I do wish these IT types would put up some kind of message.

zorrofox
    Free Member

Dez, I look forward to you sending me an iPad in the post, lol.

DezB
    Free Member

Send me your address!

zorrofox
    Free Member

Just follow the yellow brick road mate.

Markie
    Free Member

Agree, the iPad app is ace… just wish it would let me save searches!

zorrofox
    Free Member

Off-topic I know but I was actually waiting to buy the upcoming iPad 3 which is due at the start of March but now I read of an iPad 4 which will be along in October! This is precisely the reason I’m still using Windows XP. Apple can do one.

DezB
    Free Member

Agree, the iPad app is ace… just wish it would let me save searches!

you save stuff to your “garage”?

Markie
    Free Member

you save stuff to your “garage”?

Yes, but I thought only individual cars… It’d be nice to be able to save specific searches too.

I’m obvs now off to check hats actually how it works!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘AutoTrader problem.’ is closed to new replies.