Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Atherton's on GT…
  • neil853
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a surprise.

do you think marc will have to marry rachel now?

coogan
    Free Member

Old news this one.

neil853
    Free Member

Old news this one.

offically announced today…..

BoardinBob

offically announced today…..

The UCI let the cat out the bag last month

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/UCI-Release-List-of-2012-Elite-Teams-MS-Mondraker-Listed,402

nacho
    Free Member

New news for me anyway 🙂

mustard
    Free Member

Will they be in Fox kit? – No longer with Animal, Beaumont is/was sponsored by them last year and the head on his shirt is the only clear logo in those shots – am i reading too much into it? Does anyone really care? 😆

hora
    Free Member

GT better bikes then? Cos I remember Atherton(s) wanted to race on the previous years Commencal (as they preferred the way it/they rode?) and Commencal refused?

kudos100
    Free Member

I feel a bit sorry for them in terms of the new bike. The fury has a face only a mother could love 😆

On the plus side I’d imagine they will have a lot more support.

AlexSimon

GT are a bit off my radar these days. I hope this brings them back into the fore a bit in the UK and they start releasing bikes I actually fancy.

Good luck to them all. Putting Dan in the Enduro style DH races makes a lot of sense. Looking forward to following them this year.

lunge

Harsh as it seems, I get the feeling with Dan that he is just not quite good enough at the top level. He has tried to concentrate on DH, Dual and BMX in the last few years and none have really worked so I am hoping that Enduro does.

I have heard that he is the brains behind the Atherton “brand” and does all of the marketing and negotiations so I suspect we will see him in a team management role in the next few years.

scruff
    Free Member

best quote so far from Pinkbike-

I’d definitely knock the hips out of Rachael 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

I get the feeling with Dan that he is just not quite good enough at the top level. He has tried to concentrate on DH, Dual and BMX in the last few years and none have really worked so I am hoping that Enduro does.

He’s never concentrated on one discipline in a season though (last year doesn’t really count as he was coming back from a broken neck!) I think he’s just spread himself too thin in the past.

wrecker
    Free Member

If she asks me nicely, Rachel could find her luck’s in.

lunge

Rachel looks like your mates little sister to me. Great girl but she doesn’t do much for me. Saying that, neither do Dan or Gee.

skywalker
    Free Member

Rachel is a rotter, that is just a very good photo.

velocipede
    Free Member

I think she has a certain charm….. 😳

In fact, I don’t think she’d need to ask nicely at all….!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a video interview on the Dirt story about this in which Dan explains he wasn’t comfortable riding at the speeds of the top guys in WC DH now.

I think he did amazingly well to come back from a broken neck and place 40th-odd in a couple of races considering the depth of talent in the current DH scene.

And mustard – I can kind of get excited about what bikes they ride, but not which kit sponsors they have I’m afraid!

Northwind

It must be hard, being an Atherton whose name isn’t Gee. Dan’ll never be the fastest, and Rachel’ll never be the best looking.

wrecker
    Free Member

Rachel’s a fine looking girl.
    In fact, no alcohol would be required whatsoever 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I dunno wrecker, I haven’t seen you but she might need a few.

(Nothing wrong with having a boycrush Northwind)

Northwind

He does have nice hair. Ah but then Aaron Gwin has lovely eyes. I’m dragged in all different ways.

<edit- phew, saved, Darcy Turenne has nice hair AND lovely eyes. And absolutely no penises. Close one though>

wrecker
    Free Member

I dunno wrecker, I haven’t seen you but she might need a few

I would be aiming to ensure she had more than a few 😈

velocipede
    Free Member

Now we’re talking Northwind….

…we’re going off on a different track to the OP, but Darcy Turenne is hot stuff…..definitely no penises, and certainly a great set of child bearing hips….

😀

hora
    Free Member

Imagine browsing through the cycle forums and coming across your looks rather than your ability being discussed negatively.

widge34
    Free Member

I must say Rachel looks good in that photo 😆

enfht
    Free Member

Halfords build GT-branded bikes, no?

Surely the Athertons now ride for Halfords?!

Just think of the fallout when they win races on £89 full sussers….

chakaping
    Free Member

Also in the Dirt video, it made me smile how the team manager said they had several different offers and they tried riding a few different bikes… and GT came up with the best package.

nonk
    Free Member

Rachel is a rotter, that is just a very good photo.

She aint my cup of tea either but is there any need for that ?

wrecker
    Free Member

Imagine browsing through the cycle forums and coming across your looks rather than your ability being discussed negatively.

Wouldnt be so bad when you found out that you give the bestest person on here the horn.

kudos100
    Free Member

I was about to type something inappropriate, but then remembered it is STW.

Rachel is cute, but no Niki Gudex.

Northwind

hora – Member

Think how poor Dan feels, he gets both 🙁

momo

enfht – Member

Surely the Athertons now ride for Halfords?!

iirc Gee was on the halfords team when he first started out, so not quite as preposterous as you exclaim!

craa22uk

i’d say they’re all past their best in terms of WC DH. last year there was so many young guys with top fitness and experience that usually comes later down the road

this’ll be one of those big money moves

i predict rachel will be the highest placed in 2012, 3rd, and gee won’t make better than fourth (end of season results)

Northwind

enfht – Member

Halfords and GT split a while back. Which is why you practically never see any new GTs these days.

neil853
    Free Member

Gee past his best? Listen I’m not a massive Gee Atherton fan but you must be taking the p$as? Last season Gwinn dominated no doubt but the season before gee had to match it with one of the most consistent riders if all time in Greg minnar. He has (by his own standards no doubt also) a season off the boil and suddenly he’s pasts his best?

🙄

ashfanman
    Free Member

Gee also suffered loads of mechanicals last year – he bust a wheel in one run that I watched and the tyre came off in another.

He might struggle to match Gwin, but after that he’s right up there.

skywalker
    Free Member

She aint my cup of tea either but is there any need for that ?

I’m sorry petal, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

My goodness the Fury is an ugly bike 😯

sambob
    Free Member

Gee’s still fairly young, Dan’s broken neck might have had something to do with his performances last year, but he was on the podium several times despite that. I reckon Gwin will win again this year, Danny Hart 2nd, Gee 3rd. Rachel 2nd.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Atherton's on GT…’ is closed to new replies.