Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Assen moto gp
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Predictions then.

Simoncelli on pole- leads for 5 laps then slides out. Lorenzo & Stoner storm away & Stoner winning.

Rossi fifth or sixth, moans about how crap the Ducati is. It dawns on most that Stoner wasn’t so much a ‘whinging Aussie’ but an awesome rider.

Good on Cal to be racing so soon after his accident.

legend
    Free Member

Close, but I reckon Simoncelli will high-side after 3 laps instead 😉

almightydutch
    Free Member

If its a wet race i think we’ll see Vale on the podium(at last), if its dry then Simoncelli has it in the bag unless he does something stupid. Which lets be fair, he’s quite good at that part.

legend
    Free Member

just spotted a minor problem – are the BBC showing it? Seems to be a lot of Wimbledon and F1 in the way

Hadge
    Free Member

I think it depends on the start – if it’s dry and Simo gets away first I believe he’ll get his first win but the weather is going play a huge part in it today so I’ve no idea really.

rossi46
    Free Member

Simoncelli might actually be able to stay sunny side up! Surely he CAN learn from previous mistakes?
    Cal should get in with a solid 6th or better (podium please!!!!).
    Stoner will walk away with it (unless Simoncelli skittles him).
    Valentino has forgotten about this year already- every race is a test session for next years 1000cc Duke. Watch out for him in 2012!

Spies could well surprise everyone!
    And finally- J Lo will be there or there abouts! He’ll be embarrased about Silverstone and will want to make up for it…

Go Scott and Bradders in Moto 2!!!!

almightydutch
    Free Member

At only 30 points Whoregay, and 56 behind Moaner there is no way Vale has given up. His new chassis is still being developed but you wait for Mugello next week where they’ve had some good solid testing.

peteimpreza

It’s on the Beeb via the red button only.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I hope stoner wins the season. He is reviled as a moaner and got boo’ed at a british round which is diabolical. He is a spectacular rider, the only one to make the ducati work, and he’s romping away on a bike built for serially underperforming spanish umpa lumpa Pedrobot.

I wonder if ducati are listening to rossi’s input on how to tweak the bike which they never did with the other riders (melandri gave an interesting interview where he said the ducati attitude was “we design and build it, you ride it”). I think Stoner got it to work by riding on blind faith rather than feel so aggressively that the tyres warmed up and the bike started to work, so when he started crashing he obviously didnt have the confidence to push on blindly.

Saturday 25 June
    125cc race: 1100-1130, BBC Red Button/online
    Moto2 race: 1215-1300, BBC Red Button/online
    MotoGP live: 1330-1500, BBC Red Button/online

and on BBC2 sunday when theres no wimbledon.

Crell
    Free Member

Sic to win. He knows he can’t bin it for a fourth time.

Kent & Webb in 125s were around 10th as well so that bodes well. Particularly impressed Webb has kept his head so far while they’re developing the mahindra.

Moto 2 – Iannone had a crap Silverstone and he’s way down the field @ Assen. I expect / hope to see him scything through the field (without knocking anyone off).

Stoner is, and always will be a whiner, but that doesn’t stop him being brilliant – it just detracts from it.

tomaso
    Free Member

That 125 race wasn’t lacking action :mrgreen:

Vinales is something special.

Great ride by Kent

Crell
    Free Member

125 and Moto2 is rarely lacking in action (unlike the GPs). 4 in to the chicane shouldn’t work, but it does 🙂

Gutted for Stafford who was doing great, and you’ve got to feel for Iwema getting punted.

Redding will be at the front if this rain continues. Should be a great race, like the 125s. Moody has just reminded me about how far Smith came through the field at Silverstone though as well. You tend to forget he can be handy in the wet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well worth watching the final few laps of Moto 2 on at the moment

almightydutch
    Free Member

Crell, your prediction couldnt be further from the truth. Scotty boy was lapped. Sad day for him there as I had high hopes for him too. Lets hope he comes back strong at Mugello.

Crell
    Free Member

Do you want 6 numbers between 1 & 50 ? 😆

He had to have a problem there as he just kept dropping. Wheeler will no doubt explain it on twitter. I don’t think I’ve seen him lapped in any class before. Edit – Ian wheeler’s just tweeted that “He had no grip, the rear was coming round on him every time he tried to open the throttle…”

Ride of the day goes to Max Neuk / Westy

Hadge
    Free Member

Great ride by Bradders but I’m wondering why the Tech 3 team are not putting a protest in for being over-taken while yellow flags were being waved! Surely Sofuoglu should be penalised for that as the marshals were still removing a bike from the side of the track.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Brilliant ride by Bradders, did well to stay on.

Don’t get the “Stoner = moaner” thing. Whenever I’ve heard him interviewed it’s always been interesting and refreshingly honest about what’s going on, though he’s obviously not that comfortable being interviewed. I’d much rather listen to a stoner interview than some media friendly soundbite from riders who are much more concious about projecting a certain image. Arguably the best rider in the class at the moment too. Was saddened to hear him boo’d at donnington in the rain a few years ago.

Crell
    Free Member

Oh God no. More ammunition

neninja
    Free Member

Good to see a Brit doing well in the Moto2 race.

Predictions for motogp –

Stoner, Spies, Lorenzo and Simoncelli to pull out a big gap on the field.
    Simoncelli to take out Stoner followed by fisticuffs in the gravel trap.

Spies to win. Rossi and Edwards on podium. Crutchlow to crash on lap 2.

Maybe……………..

legend
    Free Member

dammit, missed the start. So how many laps was it then?

singlecrack
    Free Member

1st

Crell
    Free Member

Corners, not laps 😳 I think he’s brilliant but his team must be getting a bit bored by now. At least it’s an Italian and not a Spanish round next week,

singlecrack
    Free Member

Jorge crashed alot in his first year as well and went on to be a world champ 😛

neninja
    Free Member

I’ll put my neck out and state that Simoncelli will never win a Motogp world championship.

In his first year in Motogp Jorge had a few crashes while pushing the limit. Despite that he still got 6 podiums in his rookie year.

Stoner had a lot of crashes in his first year mainly due to 2nd tier tyres. He won the Chamionship the following year when he got a competitive package.

Simoncelli doesn’t have the right temperament to mount a consistent challenge through a season. To be honest I reckon he’ll get a suspension before the end of the year.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Hmmm
    Sic has def got the speed he just needs the right guidence.
    I think its up to his team to help with this.

neninja
    Free Member

You have to believe the team have told him to calm down and get a top 6 result and build confidence.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when he next bumps into Jorge.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

and apparently it was him and his team that scotched the appeal to get a softer set of tyres accepted as the track was so cold. Doh.

rainbow
    Free Member

When mophead Sic is ever going to learn 🙄 you cant win the race on the first lap, he got a fast factory Honda bike that can win races and yet he cant even get a podium! Felt gutted for Lorenzo but awesome race to catch up afterwards.

Brilliant race to Ben Spies though, well earned victory.

What is the bets for mophead Sic to knock off another rider next race?

Kato

WHat happened to Cal?

xcwanabe
    Free Member

WHat happened to Cal?

Front tire delaminated, pitted for new one and resumed to grab points

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

and resumed to grab points

you only have to finish in Moto Gp to grab points 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

which is true and exactly why he went back out, despite being down about 2 laps after a few crashes there were only 14 riders left.

I cant abide the 2 p1llocks who commentate on BBC, steve “i was barry sheen’s team mate you know” parrish and charlie “back across the stripe and other meaningless cliches” cox, so with the lack of actual racing it is becoming a bit of endurance. Thank goodness for packed grids and headspinningly intense action in the support classes, which benefit from being parrish and cox free. I see The Unwatchable Jenny Guy disappeared without ceremony, to be replaced by another no-namer who is so small she makes GP riders look tall.

Roll on 2012 and a new generation of bikes and hopefully fuller grids.

totalshell

the guys racing are all ( top ten )fast ridersand capable of winning ( 4 diferent winners in 7 races in 11) but the disparity in bikes in too large and the grids are so small its hardly worth while..
    that two of the moto2 bikes lapped quicker than 3 gp bikes is alarming to say the least

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Assen moto gp’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM