Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Arghhh…iPhone/wifi help
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Someone please help……I have my broadband all set up and running ok, however the password to access it is stored on the laptop which is not a problem. However when I try and access the broadband through my iPhone it keeps asking me for a password and the problem is I cannnot remember it. Is there anyway I can find this out from my laptop? Help 😡

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

press the reset button on the router, this will change the password back to the factory default (will be printed on the router or available online)

then use your laptop to access the router setup page (192.168.1.1) and change the password to something you will remember or write it on the router

JxL
    Free Member

yes. find out what IP address is your router:

e.g try 192.168.1.1

are you using mac/pc?

When you connect to the router, you should find the password there on display (again, it depends on what router you have)

gonefishin
    Free Member

It should be stored somewhere in the router setup so if you navigate there, like you did when you set your router up in the first place, it will be there. Failing I'd suspect that serching for password storage on your laptop would get some results. On a Mac it would be Keychain Access so I'm sure there will be a windows equivalent.

JxL
    Free Member

dont forget to connect a new device you also need to enable pairing (on mine hold a button for 5 seconds on the router).

geoffj

If its a BT one, its usually on a sticker on the bottom or side of the router.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Why do you need to enable paring on WiFi? I've done it with Blutooth but never WiFi. Is it an iPod thing?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Cheers, the router is a belkin one. Will I need the PPPoE or whatever they are from my ISP as well?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

some routers (like my orange livebox) now have a hardwear security device which requires manual input to connect a new device

Jamie
    Free Member

onefishin:

Why do you need to enable paring on WiFi? I've done it with Blutooth but never WiFi. Is it an iPod thing?

It is a new one on me as well.

clubber
    Free Member

No issue with connecting to my wifi router on my new iphone though it accepts any other devices so long as the password's right so I guess it's not set not to.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Cheers guys, after well and truly screwing it up, it all seems to be working fine now 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Arghhh…iPhone/wifi help’ is closed to new replies.