• This topic has 24 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Are you still as enthusiatic about riding, as you were when you started?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I am possibly more enthusiatic about it now. Having been away from it for so long, I have now come back to it being able to drive to spots, afford decent gear and ride with loads of different people due to the net.

The injuries take longer to heal and I no longer use bikes as my main form of transport, but I love it all the same 😀

How about you?

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes

philconsequence
    Free Member

still a relative beginner, love it just as much… more in fact because hills are easier and less scary going back down them.

johnners
    Free Member

No.

wallop

More so.

ton

yes……….but being held back by ill health….so not riding anywhere near as much.

chakaping
    Free Member

More enthusiastic now, because it’s so much better (albeit more expensive).

avdave2

Yes

iDave
    Free Member

On Sunday I rode round Hanchurch, something I did for the first time around 1986. Still loved it. Probably as much, certainly no less.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Up and down. Up at the moment.

binners

I get more and more enthusiatic about it the more I do it. And so does my credit card 😀

postierich
    Free Member

Change of scenery as helped shame my legs are failing me 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

More.

DaRC_L

Hmmm define started 😯

Yes, probably more so, but in a different way….

elaineanne
    Free Member

one word…YES. 😉 :mrgreen:

timnwild

The more I do it, the more I think about it, the more I plan bigger rides, the more places I want to ride. Glad I finally found something that keeps me fit and sane that I’m actually not terrible at.

Although I’ve not properly hurt myself yet, and I think it’s on the way….

D0NK

The more I do it, the more I think about it, the more I plan bigger rides, the more places I want to ride.

me too! conversly the less I do it the more shiny bits I want to buy for my bike 😕
    More enthusiastic nowadays, the less free time I have available the more eager I am to get out riding.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sometimes more, sometimes less. Its always something I do though – for utility and pleasure for many years. Slowly progressing my skills still and riding as much as ever

big_scot_nanny

Yes, completely and totally, loving it. Experiencing mroe and more types of riding.

I was a teen mtber, then basically left it for 10 years, came back 4 years ago, developing skills and fitness every day. (who knew that to turn sharp left, you can push down hard on your left hand. bizzare.)

Also quite liking the kit, and building bikes. It is becomming an obsession. That’s 3 this year already and it’s not even Autumn yet. 8)

Kev

z1ppy

More so, I was just enthusiastic to start with but ran out of steam pretty quickly, now I have a reasonable level of fitness, so it’s even more fun for longer!

Junkyard
    Free Member

conversly the less I do it the more shiny bits I want to buy for my bike

so true that will explain why you have so many bikes as well 😉

dangerousdan
    Free Member

I still find it quite difficult to accept that I’m never going to emulate the achievements of Tim Gould and Nick Craig. Curse the crushing reality of NEMBA ’93…

That aside, I love it even more than I did back in the day. The bikes actual work these days and I’m now old enough to afford a good one.

keyses2

More enthusiastic now, which means more riding, so i’m fitter and my skills are improving. Which, in turn, means that i can ride stuff i couldn’t before, which makes me even more enthusiastic because it means loads of new places to ride 🙂 (unfortunately the amount time i have available to ride isn’t as much as the enthusiasm at the moment …..)

Houns

Nope

GW
    Free Member

I seriously doubt it but then, who can honestly remember with any clarity exactly how enthused they were about anything they first enjoyed at around 3-5 years of age?

I feel sad for people who think they didn’t start riding bikes until they were adults.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Are you still as enthusiatic about riding, as you were when you started?’ is closed to new replies.