Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Are Welsh MP's voting to murder 1000's of badgers
  • Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Not only that Fourbanger, but its a quite simple biosecurity measure on two levels:

i) Farms have nice things called fences and hedges, these ensure Infected cattle stay on the farm – infected badgers, super excreters for example, can carry infection from one farm, to another.

ii) If you kill all the infected cows on a farm, then give it, say, six months fallow, before reinstating it with clean, uninfected cattle, then unless you remove the independent wildlife reservoir of disease (ie. the badger colony), then the new, clean, cattle you put out, will become infected.

Ernie:

Of course badgers are not cause of TB in cattle, so I gave you an extreme example to highlight that another solution needs to be found.

You clearly missed your mate TJ’s post, where it states that:

The ISG’s work – most of which has already been published in peer-reviewed scientific
    journals – has reached two key conclusions. First, while badgers are clearly a source of
    cattle TB…

So, where’s your argument now numbnuts?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

fourbanger – Member

Is your wooly thinking deliberate?

Is that the best you could come up with ?

Powerful argument there mate………you’ve won me over.

mrmo
    Free Member

kill badgers, badgers then migrate to the depopulated zones, this has been shown to spread TB and make the problem worse.

Moving cattle between farms has the same affect.

The solution is no cull and no transporting cattle between farms.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So, where’s your argument now numbnuts?

Says the geezer who has just copied and pasted :

“First, while badgers are clearly a source of cattle TB…”

You do understand the difference between “a source” and “the source” don’t you sillybollocks ?

And you did see where I claimed that 40% of TB in cattle came from badgers, didn’t you ?

fourbanger
    Free Member

ernie, you don’t seem to be interested in entering into any form of logical or reasonable debate, ignoring points I have made that contradict your argument.
    If you’d be so kind as to address my comments rather than sidetrack, we may be able to drive this discussion to some sort of conclusion.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah whatever. welsh. bad. inbred. badgers. politician. stupid. Welsh. thick. sheep. thousands.

user-removed
    Free Member

Badgers are protected so highly due to badger baiting in the 1970s but this barbaric sport would not come back even if badgers were less protected as its a demographic trend past its day. Why are badgers as protected as Golden Eagles, Ospreys or Otters? Bonkers.

I might still be living in the 70s then. Badger baiting well and truly alive in the NE of England. Every set I walk past with the dog is dug out. Very sad.

I’d love to do a guided tour of the local sets but I daren’t – too many lads in camo would turn up with spades and 70s attitudes.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Are Welsh MP's voting to murder 1000's of badgers’ is closed to new replies.