Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • are there any other road brake levers that feel like sti's ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

ive some sti levers on my pompino but i dont use gears so i would like some cheaper brake levers (shifters not needed) that feel like the sti levers as i like the shape .

thanks

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yes:
    Tektro brakes

And very good they are too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t think so but shimano levers are smooth and comfy

pinches
    Free Member

i like the SRAM ones

Rorschach
    Free Member

I need a lh lever for the cx bike as I’ve come over all 1×10 (machined 5mm off the bb shell to fit a chainguide!!!) and it annoys me having a £160 ultegra sti lever sat there being heavy,getting knackered and doing nowt.But it needs to vaguely match the rh lever in size…ideally I want a broken one I can whip the innards out of,anyone?

samuri
    Free Member

How about these beauties?

Brake Lever by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Cane Creek SCR-5’s. Wonderful levers, they look fantastic and feel great.

aP
    Free Member

Those Cane Creek levers look remarkably similar to Campag Record brake levers.
    SRAM make aluminium and carbon brake levers.

OCB
    Free Member

I use the Cane Creek V [drop] levers, which have a slightly different shape to the SCR-5’s. They are likewise great levers, and handy if you need a bit more pull.

(Not that you’ll really be able to tell from this picture 😉 ).

steelfan
    Free Member

The Canecreek SCR5’s are just rebranded Tektro R200’s . I bought the Tektro’s to save some cash but I’m not sure they are available in the UK anymore.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers fellas some good ideas to look at. I just really like the shape of the sti but if I swap I’ll have 105 ultegra mix of shifting kit to sell for more new bits 😉

whatfriends
    Free Member

personally i hate the cane creek ones, and the tektro ones, and the campag ones. all really square and angular uncomfortable on the hands. in the end i just hold of broken shimano sti’s as they are the most comfortable levers i have ever used. i had some old shimano 600 levers only and they were too small for my hands. sti’s all the way, put your hands on them and just dont look at them…

firestarter
    Free Member

Some broken stis would be great

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Shimano do some cheap levers for brakes only too.

Boris has found a bargain So I’ve deleted my dozy link!

@Samuri – those are some agreeable shifters!

whatfriends
    Free Member

i went ot local bike shop as they have a load of tat in boxes. i happened to get lucky and find an old pair, rsx i think. the 2010 105 shifters were having all sorts of problems and loads got replaced on warranty so i hear so im sure loads of people have single side broken shifters, of even if you are good term with your local shop go in and ask if they have a rummage bin?? always worth asking. or maybe try and ask them what happens to the broken warrante shimano stuff. if you are on really good terms ask them to call madison and see what they have n terms of returned sti’s? always worth a shot. or just trawl the forums…

whatfriends
    Free Member

@ OCB, what forks are they on your pompino? a disc compatible road fork by the looks of it. im tying to find some and the only reasonable priced ones are the on one pompetamine ones. just dont want a heavy ass cro mo one if i can help it… any info would be great..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘are there any other road brake levers that feel like sti's ?’ is closed to new replies.