• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Are straight pull spokes more prone to loosening?
  • ajantom

Went out for a ride this evening up on Haldon Hill – beautiful conditions BTW 😀 really dry and no-one around at all. Went down that trail over the far side that drops down with lots of little drop-offs through the trees, and then the one the FC have tried to block with a few trees. Then back up, over onto the red run, and back through the fields to Kennford. I like living right at the base of the hill!

Anyway the back wheel felt squishy, and so I stopped thinking I might have a puncture. Nope. Checked the shock and rear stays on the FSR for cracks. Nope. Then discovered about half of the non-drive side spokes were totally loose – but the wheel was still totally true?! Luckily I always carry a spoke key in the camelbak, so I tightened em up and all was fine.

Never had this happen before. The only thing I can think of is that with straight pull spokes (These are Mavic Crossland wheels, about 3 years old) the spokes might be more prone to spinning or movement than the old style bent ones.

Anyone else had this happen?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Are straight pull spokes more prone to loosening?’ is closed to new replies.