Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Are bar ends allowed on riser bars for singlespeeding?
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

It sorts of reminds me of a crab/lobster claw type thing
    Much respect for the wheel tappers and shunters club bell though- oops I think i just aged myself massively!

cinnamon_girl

Hey – it's a skull and crossbones bell, matches the jersey. Quite good at frightening folk too 8)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

CG if you put the bell on the bar end – would it make a bellend?

Goz
    Free Member

Riser bars and bar ends….no.

Dasha
    Free Member

I've dipped my toes by purchasing a SS and its riser bar will be fitted with Bar ends.

cinnamon_girl

Good for you Dasha! Ignore the others, they don't want to be in the "cool gang" 😉

tazzymtb

you'll just have to laugh at the trendwhores as you hoon past them with their cool oingly boingly gearies up big climbs. Always keeps me amused, alternatively slow down have a chat to them to really mess with their breathing ……and then drop them 😀

It's about having fun, if using a bar ends gives you more climbing oompf and hence more fun,speed and enjoyment then top banana. If some nobend doesn't like the look that's their f**kin problem. Just give give them a big kiss to make up for all their insecurities and their need to fit in with the cool gang.

igm

Naah – bar ends just give me another couple of positions to stretch out my weak and aching back…

Ti29er
    Free Member

Flat bars with small bar ends.
    After all you're going to be spending a lot of riding time out of the saddle, so it makes good sense IMHO, & it seems to help get the power down.
    I switch back with hands in-board for more technical corners etc.

On the full sus' geared (seated and no out of the saddle pedaling)I have a riser bar but no bar ends and this combo works very well.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have to be honest I have found the cockpit set up on my SS so comfortable but allows me to really stomp on the pedals and use my upper body as well and that is with really wide risers (broad shouldered anyway) and some Spesh bar ends (the shaped rubber coated ones). Made me ache all over the first time I went SS'ing.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I always thought bar ends off-road were a bit of a liability (gaps between trees), but I guess it does make sense for getting the power down. And I do absolutely LOVE bar ends on my ss roadbike… hmmm, maybe I'll give it a go when I'm back riding again.

As a slight aside, Cinnamon Girl – how wide are your bars? I seem to ride wider bars than most girls (I HATE narrow ones), so am just curious… also what are they – just in case they're wider than mine and I go carbon on my ss one day.

Cheers!

ojom
    Free Member

you could add some gears if you want to make it easier 😉

pop-larkin
    Free Member

What gears on my handlebars?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Are bar ends allowed on riser bars for singlespeeding?’ is closed to new replies.