Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Are avid 3's really that bad
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

I have had no experience but my mate has had some on a norco six 2 and its been ridden VERY hard and no problems have occurred. he has had them for 6 months and before that the guy was riding them for about 2 years. they have been bled just once

atlaz
    Free Member

I run 3s, 5s and 7s on various bikes. Like them all, they've been reliable and once I'd got over the "self adjusting" nature of the pistons, I've had no technical probs. Sure, I wouldn't want to change a set of pads in the dark, but that's because I'm cack-handed and keep dropping the bits.

wrightyson
    Free Member

And the saga is over, avid are to replace the full rear brake and as a good will gesture ( to keep them matching??) they will also send out a replacement front as well. Not bad service after all!!

matt_outandabout

My Juicy 3's are fine after a year of stopping a bike and portly rider.
    Certainly they are not as good as my old Deores (less powerful IMO), had a dodgy rotor at first and are not as bling or powerful as my wifes old Hope Mini's, but then they require regular furtling…

DezB
    Free Member

Is this a good time to mention the Juicy 4s I'm selling? 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dezb : see above
    probably not mate as shiny new ones hopefully fitted tomorrow 🙂

rs
    Free Member

Good results, just to add my juicy 3's (now with 203mm rotors) have lasted around 3 years, formerly on my stiffee, then enduro and now my alpine, never done any maintenance on them and they get the job done just fine.

rp16v
    Free Member

mum has j3's and i have elixis and both sets are nothing but supewrb in all wethers/conditions and tbf the bikes dont exacley get looked after lol

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Are avid 3's really that bad’ is closed to new replies.