Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Are a lot of forum dwelllers pontificators rather than riders ?
  • oldfart

Just got to thinking that there seem to be quite a lot on here who TALK a good ride .Now i may be wrong but i've got quite a radical idea .Bicycles would appear to be for riding .So stop wasting time worrying about the right tyres, whether the valves and logos line up, whether the colour of the frame matches your eyes and get out and ride the bloody thing ! 😀

tinsy
    Free Member

Why arent you out riding?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Is it me or is there a touch of irony in this post 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, we'd love to. But we're all at work, see. And if we can't RIDE our bikes RIGHT NOW, we might as well talk about them, no?

🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps oldfart your being an old fart. I ride my bikes as much as I can – I now bother about different tyres when you start to get into phat gnarrl to the gnerl riding 😉 There are always some that talk the talk but dont walk the walk but I reckon most people on here walk the walk as well as talk the talk 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

oldfart has a bigger smile… 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

….and get out and ride the bloody thing !

I do hope you're send this message via a mobile phone in between attacking some gnarly trails on your trusty steed.

angryratio
    Free Member

I get the feeling a large proportion are mouthy commuters/weekend warriors.
    I'd put myself into both categories 🙂

When it comes to anything challenging off road i am fairly inept but i have a go and a grin is on my face so who gives a damn.

*add the word knarly or rad where you like as you read that.

njee20
    Free Member

Well, we'd love to. But we're all at work, see. And if we can't RIDE our bikes RIGHT NOW, we might as well talk about them, no?

Spot on.

oldfart

Would be out riding but i've got to go to work in about 20 minutes . 😡

oldfart

Oh and anyhoo if you are at work how can you be on here as well ?Benevolent employers i guess ? 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

I rode to work – does that count 🙂 On a narly unclassified road 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would ride more often but my rig has the wrong tyres near me and there are no trail centres locally. Once my Audi estate is fixed I will be out riding again.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Or Self Employed…besides as much as I love to ride my bike not always possible with family etc etc! Nowt wrong with a bit of Bling either. I bet you wear a cap & gloves whilst driving 🙄

luked2
    Free Member

I'm going to be riding to work on my rig, on a guided busway. Does that count?

clubber
    Free Member

I can't ride bikes 24/7 so when not riding I like to think and talk about them. Don't see the conflict myself.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Dont forget there are students on here who now have 6 months free time to do their dissertations and hence are free to ride whenever they like 😀

PSA: I will be in Dumfries July – September so that is 3 months of quality oop north mid week riding for me and anyone who is going to be around 😀 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oi I have a Audi estate and I swap my tyres 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

oldfart:
    Would be out riding but i've got to go to work in about 20 minutes

Shortest self-defeating argument ever? 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I would ride more often but my rig has the wrong tyres near me and there are no trail centres locally. Once my Audi estate is fixed I will be out riding again.

😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

I find about 99% of the bike chat dull, but then I'm very negative apparently.

foxyrider
    Free Member

you are very cynical I must admit Cynic-al 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Are a lot of forum dwelllers pontificators rather than riders

Tick – not through my own choice though.

hora
    Free Member

I can also talk u pa good fist fight and I am a legendary lover in my head 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

eriders

takisawa2

Do you ride a big rig then oldfart ?

naedeyw
    Free Member

Yeah, but there's not a lot of singletrack here in Vatican City and the robes get caught up in the spokes and you try to find a papal helmet…

oldfart

what do you reckon ? the clue's in the name ! 😆
    must go work's calling
    i'll be riding there btw
    skanky inbred with semi slicks cable discs n all !
    gnarly dood ! 😛

jedi

im surfing singltrack whilst in the car park at glentress waiting for the hyub to open.

ridelife! 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

We were discussing this last night, as there wasn't a soul out except us all night.
    OK it was pee'ing down and the mud was up to your axles, but in the words of Pink Floyd 'is there anybody out there'
    So as of last night we decided to breakaway and form our own club something along the lines of http://www.bastid-hardmen-who-ride-every-day.com…families welcome.

trail_rat
    Free Member

apparently i ride occasionally – but not as much as i should …..

oldgit
    Free Member

Liar, you ride lots.

trail_rat
    Free Member

But i dont change tires nearly enough to do the ammount of riding i suggest ………

Bumhands
    Free Member

I think many on here are more excited by the kit than actually riding.

The amount of bikes people go through in a short time amazes me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think many on here are more excited by the kit than actually riding.

well, perhaps while they're on here they are, but surely no one just polishes their bikes and arranges them neatly in the garage/shed ? That would be very silly.

The amount of bikes people go through in a short time amazes me.

stop picking on old tony!

Bumhands
    Free Member

Bikes that are ridden don't look new for long.

Scuffs and scratches are good.

oldgit
    Free Member

A STWer would rather not ride than put on Crud Catchers 😉

hora
    Free Member

A STWer would rather not ride than put on Crud Catchers

The ugliest thing I have ever put on my beloved ripper but necessary.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My rig has a Crud Catcher and a Fast Fender for added gnar.

But mainly because I like to be able to see where I'm going in gopping wet conditions! Works really well.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A STWer would rather not ride than put on Crud Catchers

yev not seen me, roight ??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Are a lot of forum dwelllers pontificators rather than riders ?’ is closed to new replies.