Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ard Rock on a hardtail ?
  • cakefacesmallblock

Not for me, I have a more than “Endooro” enough bike, the rider is the limiting factor in my case.
    I have a mate though, who is considering riding it on a 140mm “trail” oriented hardtail, do folk do this ?
    Curious really, no doubt they will make their own mind up eventually.

TheFlyingOx

Yup. There were folk on fatbikes when I did it in 2014. Absolutely nothing there that couldn’t be negotiated on a hardtail, unless the stage routes have changed drastically.

scaled
    Free Member

There was father and daughter team that did it on a tandem* last year, tell him to MTFU

*admittedly a very nice custom, full suss Nicolai tandem

cakefacesmallblock

Interesting, thanks folks. She will be pleased, having entered and despite having no cash for a new bike, more than makes up for it with stamina and determination.

RichieBoy
    Free Member

I did the AM challenge on my hardtail last year – finished with about 3 quarters of the field behind me (surprised myself!) so yeah, it’s totally do-able.

chakaping
    Free Member

You still have time to change the thread title to “ardtail”.

darrenspink
    Free Member

First year I did it on a 120mm giant hard tail as that’s all I had at the time. Was very bumpy, ard and rocky but I didn’t die. It did take all my skills to survive though and was pretty damn slow.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Did it on my Bfe the first time, no worries, it’s not really a very techy course but amazing fun. My favourite event by a mile, can’t wait til August.

xyeti
    Free Member

Did the bloke who won it last year not do it on a Hardtail?

richardkennerley

I’m sure I read somewhere they’re going to have a hardtail category this year.

merri1975
    Free Member

did it on a cotic soul last year no problems with the bike just the rider that needs upgrading

lynndabird
    Free Member

I’m impressed by the tandem duo!

nbt

that would have been Guy Kesteven who’s fairly handy on a bike

yorkshire89
    Free Member

She’ll be fine, get some tyres with sidewall/puncture protection though 🙂

nedrapier

Is gunnerside gill on the route?

DrP

Me and a friend are doing it on an ‘ardtail this year.
    But that’s because we’re, you know, “well strong”.

DrP

beano68
    Free Member

Sure the lad who won it last year did it on a HT and won by about 2 mins or something .. one hell of a ride from him

xyeti
    Free Member

Yes he romped it, Lad from STIF, Just spent all Summer in Whistler riding big Sheet, Kinda Brings it home just how tame riding over here is. Some folk think it cant be done without 160mm each end while others take it back 20 odd years and flatten it on a Hardtail,

hopkinsgm

Done ArdRock 3 times, twice on my BFe. Fairly sure I haven’t died.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock on a hardtail ?’ is closed to new replies.