• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Apple Music – anyone else impressed but doesn't use it?
  • robdob
    Free Member

I signed up for the Apple music free trial and I quite like it. Seems to be very useful and the family price of 15 quid a month for basically all the music you’ll likely want is pretty good when you compare it to buying the CD’s or whatever.

The only reason why I have cancelled the free trial is that I just don’t use it. The only time I’d use it would be if I was driving but the data usage worries me – I have 5gb a month but sometimes I nearly use it all anyway.

Do people have music on all the time at home? Am I weird in that I just don’t do that? It might be because I worked in shops for 12 years with background music so I can’t stand having music on just for the sake of it – if I have music on I want it loud and to dance to it! Or at least sing loudly out of tune along to it…. 😉

I work in an office with no wi-fi so can’t really use it then.

chomp
    Free Member

not fussed at all by Beats1 but so far found a few new artists I really like from starting a station from something I already have (if that makes sense)

I doubt I’ll continue to pay once the free trial has finished – at least if I remember to unsubscribe that is

I think I’d use it if it was free, but quite happy just streaming music form youtube these days in the office

robdob
    Free Member

I refuse to use “free” services as I used to manage a music shop and saw the sales of CD’s suffer when you started to be able to copy them (yes it was that long ago and I can remmeber when CD burners were £150++!) – I like the artists to get at least some money!

Drac

Using a series of charts, the Spotify website has illustrated how much a niche indie album could earn per month ($3,300) compared to a breakthrough indie album ($76,000), a Spotify top 10 album ($145,000) and what it calls a global hit album ($425,000 a month in royalties).
    Currently with 6 million subscribers worldwide, Spotify said several artists were paid more than $3m (£1.8m) in 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25217353

zilog6128

I like the artists to get at least some money!

Just because the service is free doesn’t mean no-ones getting paid (which probably explains why Spotify are in such a financial black hole…)

If anyone’s screwing the artists it’s the record labels – which is exactly the same situation as when you ran your shop I’m sure.

FuzzyWuzzy

I generally only listen to music when driving or having a shower so I’m in a similar boat to the OP, it looks a good service but doubt I’d ever really use it

loddrik
    Free Member

Surely free (or cheaper) access drives the demand for the artists live shows.?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m impressed by what a mate told me about it, but I don’t use it and haven’t signed up. Particularly impressed that they will store your whole library in the cloud.

I like the artists to get at least some money!
    Which is why I use Bandcamp.

Drac

I’ve heard some interesting stories about Bandcamp.

DezB
    Free Member

Fascinating.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

there was this one time………….

DezB
    Free Member

Bah!

Drac

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Apple Music – anyone else impressed but doesn't use it?’ is closed to new replies.