Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Anyone want a job?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just giving Neal the heads up! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing you don’t get a referral bonus either!

project
    Free Member

Seriously well said Mr Essel.

I show lots of compassion to most of the lads I come into contact with at work, & the vast majority get respect & help from me. Some prisoners though are just plain baadass & want neither respect nor help from staff.
    FYI I work on a drug recovery wing, trying to help lads stay off addictive substances. Now for that job you have to want to help & support prisoners overcome their habits so that they can lead normal lives on release. They’ve all volunteered to come onto G wing because It’s the only recovery wing in the jail & the staff on there (seven of us) all applied for the role, thats seven staff out of 120 who applied to actually help prisoners with their addictions. If I had no compassion for these lads I’d have applied for B wing.
    I defy anyone to show compassion to every prisoner he/she comes into contact with, even Neal.
    Yes there’s a few prisoners who I have no time for, like the one who threw a mug of puke/shit/piss at a female officer (not on our wing) a couple of weeks ago, he’d even gone to the bother of boiling it up first.
    Hope thats cleared some things up.

And to Neal, the biggest thanks you’ll get is when you take a prisoner to reception for release & he turns, shakes your hand & says ‘thanks for you help Mr G’

nealglover
    Free Member

And to Neal, the biggest thanks you’ll get is when you take a prisoner to reception for release & he turns, shakes your hand & says ‘thanks for you help Mr G’

Despite joking about proximity and uniform above, this is the sort of thing that makes the downsides of a job worth putting up with.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anyone want a job?’ is closed to new replies.