Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone used digitrev website?
  • singletracksurfer

Seen something shiny I’d like to buy 🙂
    But it’s expensive & my I’ve been never heard of them 🙁

Thanks.

creamegg
    Free Member

Haven’t bought anything from them myself but there’s been good feedback for them from various people on here. Have a look at HDEW cameras see if they’ve got what you want. Uk based with similar prices, I bought my canon n lenses from there.

speed12
    Free Member

Not bought anything myself, but a colleague has and had great service. It does come from Hong Kong, but they are a completely legit company and are definitely British ‘based’ if that makes any sense.

They do some good (well…can be slightly annoying, but generally good and quite amusing) video reviews, tips etc as well.

GrahamS

DigitalRev? Yep. I’ve bought camera stuff from them off eBay and from their website. Grey import stuff obviously, but seems to be a legit company.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, also bought lenses from them – grey import but decent service…

grum
    Free Member

They’re fine, though there are apparently some issues with having to send warranty claims back to HK. Not used them but I’ve used One Stop Digital which is a similar outfit. I can also recommend HDEW.

lodious
    Free Member

Panamoz, HDEW and DigitalRev all have decent reps…the cost savings can be very significant.

It’s getting to be a problem if you don’t buy from them, as the s/h value of camera gear is pinned by the grey import price, which for a 5Dmk3, is about £600 cheaper than uk retail.

AlexSimon

Note that they seem to have different prices depending on item location and item origin.
    Some are ‘guaranteed no duty’ and some are not.
    Worth double-checking. They sometimes have different listings of the same product.

cp

And there’s a forum dedicated to them over on talkphotography

AlexSimon

I’ve never heard of Panamoz before, but they get a poor rep on Web of Trust:
    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/panamoz.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts

MrSmith
    Free Member

HDEW are fine to deal with, i buy stuff from them all the time, mainly as they are u.k based so i get a proper vat receipt (im vat reg) plus they are down the road from me so i can collect.
    if the item you want isn’t listed they can usually get it in for you.

singletracksurfer

Thanks. It’s a for a phone (Samsung s3).

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of Panamoz before, but they get a poor rep on Web of Trust:
    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/panamoz.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts

Dunno, there’s a load of people on Talk photo who have had good experiences, I’ll be using them for my next camera.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used digitrev website?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM