Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone use Photobox for printing pics?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

as above really – any comments – have used snapfish in the past…

paul

lodious
    Free Member

Used them a few years ago, very impressed.

MrGreedy

Yes, quality was fine (to my untrained eye) and quick dispatch. You can probably find some vouchers if you search or go via one of the cashback sites too.

IA

Used them a few times, impressed. Their calendars are particularly good (and excellent presents for grandparents).

GrahamS

Aye used them a few times. Good in my experience and nice quick delivery too.

donsimon
    Free Member

Used them alot, they're linked directly to my web page, so I suppose that means I'm happy.

foureyes
    Free Member

used them a lot then noticed a year ago perhaps that the pic quality was dropping. I tried sending the same image to them and snapfish and compared the two. the photobox photo looked like it had been harshly jpegged and then sharpening 'enhancement' applied. the snapfish image had tons more detail, natural colours and less sharpening.

tried to get photobox to discuss the issue but nobody on the help email seemed to have any concept of these sort of things and i gave up on them.

Bez

Their prints are of very good quality IME, I've used them for both small and large. They do tend to be a little dark – darker than my monitor will calibrate to – so it may be worth making a small order first just to check against your own screen (and/or they will send you a calibration sheet if you ask).

The 'gift' type products (I've had mugs, fridge magnets, books etc but not the acrylic or canvas prints) are mostly very good, too. Some less so, but not the end of the world.

Anyway, I'd recommend them.

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

used them a lot then noticed a year ago perhaps that the pic quality was dropping

+1 on this. Went through 4 replacement prints last order…

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Excellent used them for a number of years now had various products, the books are excellent perfect presents.

GrahamS

Hmm just realised it has probably been a couple of years since I used them last, so perhaps the quality has fallen.

e photobox photo looked like it had been harshly jpegged and then sharpening 'enhancement' applied.

Presumably you supplied the image as a JPG so there should have been no reason for then to alter or recompress it?

foureyes
    Free Member

Hi Graham, yep full quality jpeg, same file to snapfish was much much better

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone use Photobox for printing pics?’ is closed to new replies.