Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone use Clikpic as a webhost?
  • plant
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm using Clikpic to host my first ever photography website and I'm having a few problems.

Is there anyone on here who uses it, knows of anyone who uses it or knows of a forum somewhere were I can ask some questions?

Cheers,

Carl.

Dudie
    Free Member

I use it. Can't promise I can help but what's your question?

plant
    Free Member

Hi Dudie,

None of my images are a regular size, though I have saved them at 600 pixels on the longest side etc….

I've loaded a number of pics but find the homepage crops the image AND the images are also cropped in the gallery. The thumbnails show the right dimensions …. I'm lost to see what setting I need to adjust.

If can offer any advice, I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Dudie
    Free Member

Hmmm, the only thing I think affects the gallery image size is in the 'photo gallery formats' section on the Options page. I have the image width set to 600, thumbnail width set to 130 and the height fields left blank. Works OK for me so might be worth checking these settings. However, I think if you alter these settings, you might have to delete your images then reload them for the new sizes to take effect. However, adding a new image after making changes should confirm if this cures the problem.

If still no joy, let me know and I'll have another think.

plant
    Free Member

I have both max and min set to 800, so both well outside the pixel sizes of my pics ……

So what do you think?

Dudie
    Free Member

Don't have any min settings, just max width and max height. If you are only uploading 600 wide images, set the max width to 600 and leave the max height field blank. Works fine for me that way.

plant
    Free Member

Sorry, meant 800 max on both height and width.

Pics are a mixture of landscape and portrait, so 600 Pixels on the longest side can be on either side and it should still fit in a 'box of 800 X 800.

Confusing me …..

Dudie
    Free Member

Try what I've advised. I have a mixture of landscape and potrait shots, max 600 on the longest side and the settings above work.

plant
    Free Member

OK will do.

Ta.

plant
    Free Member

I tried mirroring your settings and uploading another shot – same problem.

How long do the admin take to respond? M-F 9-5?

Cheers,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Clikpic as a webhost?’ is closed to new replies.