Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone upgraded to Sky HD cheap?
  • andygreener

I am a regular sky subsciber with all the channels as I'm about to buy a new HD tv, I think I should be looking at upgrading to sky hd. But its £109 to get a box etc.

Firstly is it worth the exra tenner a month and secondly anyone get a really, really good deal?

Thanx

maxsatnav
    Free Member

just call them, say your box is broken and after all the re-sets they tell you to do, still say it doesnt work and then ask to cancell your account and subscription then you can start the barter for the + HD

although my old sky was actually bust i got free +HD and install but still had to pay the extra £10 / month…. Is it worth IT????? well the plus is a good ting and yes the HD is a load better quality

you can adjust your package to offset the £10 HD charge

the choice as they say is yours

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Got the Sky engineer coming tomorrow to fit Sky+ for nothing! Got sick of family and friends being 'thrown' sky products and us with a bog standard box… so rang up the sales team and said sky's more hassle than its worth and I want to cancel my subs. They fell over themselves to keep my custom.

I was offered £50 HD Box plus standard installation, plus £10 extra/month for HD channels.

Free Sky+ box and free installation.

Went for the latter! Personally I don't think HD is worth it at the moment (especially through Sky and they are having a big HD sales campaign at the moment). For the HD experience I'd recommend a Blu-Ray player.

Whatever you decide, ring them up and get negotiating you never know what they might offer. 😀

snakebite
    Free Member

49 quid and free installation….pic quality is stunning.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone upgraded to Sky HD cheap?’ is closed to new replies.